

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

ASNIC Board Meeting



Call to Order

Roll Call

President Kai Sedlmayer

Vice President Jestine Lackner

Senators: Marian Soderberg, Hannah Neff, Annie Vladovska, Taylynn Anderson

Dual Enrollment Representative: Jameson Wasson

Amendments to Agenda

Public Comment:

- None

Old Business

- None

New Business

- None

Cecil's Corner: None

Reports

- **Dual Enrolled Representative Jameson Wasson**
- **Senator Marian Soderberg**
- **Senator Hannah Neff**
- **Senator Annie Vladovska**
- **Senator Taylynn Anderson**
- **Vice President Jestine Lackner**
- **President Kai Sedlmayer**

Remarks for the good of the order

Adjournment

Kaya Sedlmayer

Week of March 15

Committees:

The College Senate met on 3/18. The agenda was fairly brief overall. Next week, Constituent Leaders and Curriculum Council will meet on 3/22, the Board of Trustees will meet 3/24, and Diversity Council will meet 3/25.

Meetings:

The Tuesday morning meeting lasted from 7-8:50, and Dodi and I met on Thursday from 8-9 to discuss ASNIC expectations, what our plan is for elections, and the like. The executive team met on the same day from 3-4.

Projects:

I spent two hours going over the workbook my Negotiations class provided and making note of things that will help me moving forward. I also met with Hiedi from Facilities and conducted a campus walkthrough to determine the best places for map holders on campus. We walked from about 10:30 to 11:45 and made some good notes on where might make the most sense to have maps. I also spent some time looking through our Bylaws to make adjustments to the language about expectations, and started researching some possibilities for more clearly defined appeal and impeachment processes.

Week of March 8

Committees:

Kaya Sedlmayer

Curriculum Council met from 4-5 on 3/08 to conduct some first readings for modifications to classes, particularly for prerequisites in a dental hygenics course. Apart from that, the Council also did a reading of suggested revisions to the guidelines, and will probably make a decision during the next meeting. The next committee meeting will be College Senate on 3/18.

Meetings:

The Tuesday morning meeting lasted from 7-8:50, and Dodi and I met on Thursday from 8-9 to discuss ASNIC expectations, elections, and some work that I've been doing with other student governments and preparing for the next ASNIC President. The executive team met on the same day from 3-4, and my regular meeting with the other student governments in Idaho ran from 7-8 pm. Jestine and I signed on to facilitate the Prospective Candidate Meeting on Thursday, but unfortunately no one signed on during that time.

Projects:

I spent two hours going over the workbook my Negotiations class provided and making note of things that will help me moving forward, as well as what I can bring back to the group. I also wrote a letter to the next ASNIC President explaining some duties and offering advice, and started working on my Commencement speech - it's never too early to be prepared!

Week of March 1

Committees:

Kaya Sedlmayer

Cardinal Reads was cancelled, but I was able to attend the College Senate special meeting from 12-12:15, where they voted on a resolution affirming the statements made by each of NIC's constituent groups regarding the Board of Trustees. No other committees have met this week, but Curriculum Council will meet on 3/08.

Meetings:

Dodi, Jestine and I met with Gail Ballard and Ryan Arnold from 2-3 on 3/1 to discuss opportunities for the new NIC Teaching and Learning Center. We spent some time talking about opportunities for connecting with students and the NIC community as a whole. I also had an "emergency" meeting with the other student governments in Idaho regarding the letter to Idaho's legislature; some information had changed, and we wanted to verify where we all stood. That meeting lasted from 7-7:30 on 3/2. The Tuesday morning meeting lasted from 7-8:50, and Dodi and I met on Thursday from 8-9 to discuss elections and the like. The executive team met on the same day from 3-4, and my regular meeting with the other student governments ran from 7-8 pm.

Projects:

I got started on the materials for my Negotiations professional development class, and did some extra work with the Clifton Strengths to familiarize myself with the material again before the Tuesday meeting. This was a bit of a light week work wise so I could focus on midterms.

Week of February 22

Committees:

Kaya Sedlmayer

Constituent Leaders met from 9-10 on 2/22, and we had a great conversation about what each constituent group was going to report on, as well as what to expect for this meeting. The same day, Curriculum Council met from 4-4:30. On 2/24, the College Senate special meeting ran from 12 to roughly 12:30, and the Board of Trustees meeting ran from 6-9:45. I stayed the entire time, and there was a lot of discussion that didn't get finished during the meeting. Diversity Council met on 2/25 from 12-1, and the Curriculum Council sub-committee met from 1-2 to discuss the suggestions we had for guidelines.

Meetings:

I had a meeting with Mike Culton from Comm. and Marketing on Monday from 8-8:30 to talk about getting map holders on campus, and we will follow up as needed. I unfortunately missed the Tuesday morning meeting due to a health issue, but I was able to attend and lead the ASNIC board meeting. Dodi and I also met on Thursday from 8-9:45 to discuss the Board of Trustees, elections, and other miscellaneous projects. The executive team met on the same day from 3-4:15.

Projects:

This was the last week of my conflict management course, so I spent about two hours reviewing strategies for success and case problems, and getting acquainted with the next professional development course I'm taking, negotiations. The rest of my time was spent catching up on work for other committees.

Week of February 15

Kaya Sedlmayer

Committees:

College Senate met on 2/18 from 12-1 to go over policy. Next week I have Curriculum Council (2/22), Constituent Leaders (2/22), Board of Trustees and a special College Senate meeting (2/24), and Diversity Council and a Curriculum Council sub-committee meeting (2/25).

Meetings:

The Tuesday morning meeting ran from 7-8:50, and the ASNIC executive team met from 11-12 on Thursday. I also had a one-on-one meeting with Dodi on Thursday from 8-8:45. I met with Jestine, Taylynn, and Hannah on Wednesday to discuss the ideas we want to capture for a statement regarding the Board of Trustees, and it was a really great conversation. I also attended another meeting with the other higher education institutions here in Idaho. Next week, in addition to committee meetings, I have a meeting with Mike Culton from Comm. & Marketing to discuss maps on campus.

Projects:

I spent a couple of hours on my conflict management course, wrote the draft statement on behalf of ASNIC and sent it through the executive team and Laura Rumpler, wrote my report for the Board of Trustees meeting, and also started reviewing the president job description to better capture some of the position's duties.

Week of February 8

Committees:

Kaya Sedlmayer

Curriculum Council met on 2/08 to review course additions, edits, and the like. It was overall a fairly brief meeting.

Meetings:

Dodi and I had a one on one about my leadership assessment on Monday from 3-4, and the Tuesday morning meeting ran from 7-8:50, and the ASNIC executive team met from 8-9 on Friday. I also had a one-on-one meeting with Dodi on Thursday from 8-8:45. Jestine and I met with Juli Anderson from Career Services on 2/11 for about half an hour to discuss how Career Services can best connect with student groups on campus, and I met with Annie to discuss elections marketing on 2/12. I also attended the special Board of Trustees meeting and took some notes of the goings on for my own records in an attempt to keep track of current events.

Projects:

I spent a couple of hours reviewing presentations from my conflict management course and spent some time going through the conflict management student workbook and figuring out how I can best apply it to my current life. I was also invited to a meeting with six of the eight public education institutions in Idaho regarding a letter to Idaho's legislators about approving funding for higher education. This meeting took about an hour on 2/11, and I got an explanation about their hopes for this letter and for uniting every college and university in the state. I made no commitments, but it was interesting to see where everyone was going with this.

Week of February 1

Committees:

Kaya Sedlmayer

Cardinal Reads met on 02/03 and discussed upcoming events, library updates, and had a discussion around the decision for the next diversity/common read theme. I'm going to be taking part in that conversation as it happens, which is exciting. Next week, Curriculum Council will meet on 02/08, and my next committee meetings after that aren't until College Senate on 02/18, Constituent Leaders and Curriculum Council on 2/22, Board of Trustees on 2/24, and Diversity Council and a Curriculum Council sub-committee on 2/25.

Meetings:

Dodi and I had a one on one about my leadership assessment on Monday from 3-4, and the Tuesday morning meeting ran from 7-8:50, and the ASNIC executive team met from 11-12 on Thursday. I also had a one-on-one meeting with Dodi on Thursday from 8-8:45. We discussed elections, inquiries about ASNIC's involvement in various parts of campus, and the like.

Projects:

I made a few more plans for election promotions, tightened up my development checklist since I felt like it was too wordy, reviewed the questions for the quality in the classroom discussion, and started reviewing some materials for the Curriculum Council sub-committee, as it will be going over the guidelines of the council. I also spent a couple of hours working on my conflict management professional development classes and learned some really useful tips for encountering and actively dealing with conflict.

Week of January 25

Committees:

Kaya Sedlmayer

The Curriculum Council met on 1/25 and was a fairly brief meeting. However, towards the end of this month, I'll be working on a subcommittee to go over the guidelines for the Council and any concerns relating to it, so I've been spending some time looking through the relevant documents. The Budget Committee met on 1/26 from 12-1 p.m. We were able to come to a comfortable place for the ASNIC 2021/22 budget and will be presenting it to the group next week. The Board of Trustees meeting was canceled, but the Diversity Council met on 1/28 from 12-1 p.m. Next week, Cardinal Reads will meet (02/03), and the Diversity Council will be having a make-up meeting for agenda items not covered in this week's meeting.

Meetings:

I had a meeting with Dodi and Graydon on 1/25 to discuss the Board of Trustees, and the Tuesday morning meeting ran from 7-8:50, and the ASNIC executive team met from 11-12 on Thursday. I also had a one-on-one meeting with Dodi on Thursday from 8-8:45. We discussed elections, future projects for ASNIC, and things like that.

Projects:

I made a good amount of flyers for the ASNIC spring elections and shared them with the executive team for feedback. I'm also about to start my business communication classes through the Workforce Training Center and will be writing up a report to give the group about what I've learned and any useful tips I might come across. Finally, my development checklist for the stairwell art project is done, but due to the number of items on the agenda for 02/02, I'll give the presentation on 02/09 to allow for more discussion time with the group.

Kaya Sedlmayer

Week of January 18

Committees:

The Budget Committee met on 1/19 from 12-1 p.m. There was a bit of confusion with the numbers we have to work with and discussion about what ASNIC funds and why, but we will be meeting again 1/26 to go through the rest of the workbook and tighten up our budget for the next fiscal year. College Senate met 1/21 from 12-1 to discuss suggested edits on policies and began looking over the constitution for the Senate. Constituent Leaders met the same day from 1:30-2:30 to discuss the upcoming Board of Trustees meeting and the current situation with the trustees. Next week, the Curriculum Council (1/25), Budget Committee (1/26), Board of Trustees (1/27), and the Diversity Council (1/28) will meet.

Meetings:

The Tuesday morning meeting ran from 7-8:50, and the ASNIC executive team met from 11-12 on Thursday. I also had a one-on-one meeting with Dodi on Thursday from 8-8:45. Dodi and I got a lot of work done regarding the timeline for the spring elections, which is great for marketing soon.

Projects:

This week, I developed a tentative marketing plan for the spring ASNIC elections. This timeline includes what to post on social media and on-campus to garner interest, who to contact for support, and other resources to plan for. Once the election timeline is completely finalized, I'll add dates for specific posts and begin posting flyers. I feel as though I can handle the majority of this myself and plan to have something posted within the next week or two. I'm also

Kaya Sedlmayer

researching a company Dodi suggested for art in the stairwell leading to the SUB and plan on sending out my development checklist to the group on 2/1.

Week of January 11

Committees:

The week before the semester started, Cardinal Reads met and discussed subcommittees for the next Common Theme. On Monday, 1/11, the Curriculum Council met and went over edits and other revisions for welding courses, and also briefly discussed a guideline review subcommittee that I'll be joining. Next week, the Budget Committee, College Senate, and Constituent Leaders will be meeting.

Meetings:

The Tuesday morning meeting ran from 7-8:50, and the ASNIC executive team met from 11-12 on Thursday. I also had a one-on-one meeting with Dodi on Thursday from 8-8:45.

Projects:

Mostly, this week I spent time planning for the semester. I'm currently writing up a document for the next ASNIC President to give them some guidelines on what to expect, and I've also started looking at our election materials. I'd like to start advertising soon, and per discussion with the executive team, I'm going to be taking on the bulk of the work with that. In addition to this, I'll be finally solidifying my ideas for art in the SUB and presenting that to the

Kaya Sedlmayer

group within the next couple weeks. I've also been doing some research at Dodi's suggestion for ways to make the morning meetings more engaging.

Week of November 30

Committees:

Cardinal Reads met from 12-1 on Wednesday to discuss upcoming events in the spring, as well as the theme and book selection for 2021-22. Convocation Committee met after that to discuss what all needs to be done for Convocation, as the event is early next month, and I began adjusting my script and creating a bio for the guest speaker, Dr. Sonny Ramaswamy. College Senate was canceled due to a conflict.

Meetings:

The Tuesday morning meeting ran from 7-8:50, and the ASNIC executive team met from 11-12 on Thursday. The final weekend of Circle of Change went from Friday morning to Sunday afternoon, and I had a lot of really amazing opportunities to network and improve my leadership style.

Projects:

I started preparing a back up Celebrating Success presentation in case the video idea I had doesn't work out and also began working on my project development checklist for the space leading down to the SUB. I also took some time to go over the questions we brainstormed for Dr. Burns and Dr. Briggs to fine-tune them a little bit and started drafting up my Board of Trustees report.

Week of November 23

Committees:

The Curriculum Council met on Monday at 3 p.m. to hear presentations on changes to course descriptions and prerequisites as well as to discuss a potential form for individuals to fill out prior to meeting with the Council. Essentially, this form would take into account any other courses that could be impacted by the creation of a new course or a change in prerequisites. The person teaching the course impacted would get to make comments and review the part of the proposal that affects their course. However, there were some concerns about this taking away the point of the Council, so this was shelved for now.

Meetings:

The Tuesday morning meeting ran from 7-8:50, and the monthly ASNIC Board Meeting went from 12-12:30.

Projects:

I started brainstorming ideas for a sign for the stairwell leading down to the lower level of the SUB; a “directory” of sorts describing what’s down there seems like the best option, and I’ll start looking at options for that shortly. The group was also receptive to my idea of displaying student art in this space and swapping it out every now and then, so I’ll work on what a timeframe for that looks like and start filling out the project development checklist. I’ve also

Kaya Sedlmayer

started looking at what buildings are in use on campus, and planning my Celebrating Success presentation for this month's Board of Trustees meeting.

March 22nd - March 28th

On Monday, Senator Hannah and I met with Steve to discuss vending at the Parker Technical Center and past options that had been tried at the off-campus location. Hannah and I are going to meet with Myia Lackey and Annette after Spring break to check out the facility. We are interested in creating a survey for PTC students, but after talking about the student survey during our Tuesday meeting, we are looking to collaborate with Marian to see if we could develop those questions within the larger survey. I met with Colene with Running Shoes for Kids to see if there are any areas in which ASNIC or SALC could support the organization in. There were some great ideas that surfaced, but it doesn't seem like a great fit during this time, but I will stay in touch for more developed opportunities that may come up. Crystal, Dodi, and I met for our Clubs Weekly meeting and spent the majority of our time reviewing the Club Handbook and making revisions. I attended the Executive team on Thursday and we discussed the ASNIC student fees and if we could possibly increase that amount to allow for more funds for ASNIC related budget items. I received a quote for my Volleyball Light Project and received approval from the Executive team to get them ordered. They are on track to go up in mid-Spring. I met with the Student Health Planning Committee on Friday and continued to discuss the "Comfort Week" and Vaccination Q and A. Throughout the week, if I had time, I jumped into various symposiums for NASPA. Unfortunately, there weren't many that aligned with my schedule.

Committees:

ICC: Next meeting: April 6th

SALC: Next meeting: TBD; Contact through email chain

SUAB: Next Meeting: May 6th

Alumni Association: Next meeting: TBD

Senate: Next Meeting: April 15th

Jestine Lackner

March 15th - March 21st

On Monday, I made my Clifton Strengths stick figure of power and created my schedule for the NASPA conference. On Tuesday, I welcomed a student to the ASNIC offices and entered them into the Semester of Success door prizes as we had a discussion about student government and elections. I attended the brief Senate committee meeting on Thursday. Ken and I had frequent conversation throughout the week about how we wanted SALC's video to look. I contacted Chelsie in Marketing and set up a time for Friday morning to record the student athletes' testimonies. I spoke with Senator Hannah about her project with the Safe Passage speaker and results from the Covid survey – specifically for the Parker Technical Center. I these ideas to the Executive team on Thursday. I will be reaching back out to Hannah with updates and follow up with Steve McGroarty about the vending machine options at PTC and Myia Lackey about other options we could provide to students in the facility. Friday was a very busy day... I met with Chelsie at 8:30 am that day to come up with a script for the video and start recording athletes and coaches in the gym, soccer field, wrestling room, etc. We were videoing until about noon and putting together the finishing touches. We will be thinking of a line for President MacLennan to wrap up the video. I am very excited to see how it will turn out on April 6th! I had a meeting with the Student Health Planning committee where we were each designated parts of the "health week." I will be working on the Friday Celebration day and other give away items throughout the week. Colene from the Running Shoes 4 Kids organization called me and we set up a time to meet on Monday and discuss collaboration with NIC and their program. I was able to jump into the Indigenous Symposium on Friday afternoon and took so much away from just one session. There were individuals from colleges all over the country that wanted to learn more about how they could support the indigenous minorities on campus. The breakout sessions had my gears turning about what ASNIC can do for our student alliance on campus. Dr Wildcat, "Power + Place = Personality"

Committees:

ICC: Next meeting: April 6th

SALC: Next meeting: TBD; Contact through email chain

SUAB: Next Meeting: May 6th

Alumni Association: Next meeting: TBD

Senate: Met Thursday: Next Meeting: April 15th

March 8th - March 14th

I communicated with the Ken Thompson to schedule a time to meet later in the week to pick up some efforts by the SALC committee. I also made an appointment with Steve McGroarty to discuss ASNIC's remaining funds for the year to be prepared to present a Treasurer report during next week's Tuesday meeting. On Wednesday, Steve and I went over the ASNIC budget and he was able to help explain how much we are expected to have after payroll has been incurred through the end of the year and how much we have spent on projects, clubs, etc. I emailed Maureen Dolan to let her know when I am available for NIC Amped podcast with Kai

Jestine Lackner

and Marian. Crystal, Dodi and I worked on the Club Handbook during our weekly club meeting and cleared up any additional funds that needed to be allocated to club budgets. I got the chance to speak with a couple students in the office about ASNIC and enter them into the Semester of Success raffle. On Thursday, Kai and I sat in the Prospective Candidate meeting to be available to students and then joined the Executive team meeting later that day. At the end of the week, I met with Ken Thompson and discussed SALC's next steps. We have targeted April 6th as the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace. We will be gathering student athletes to present a short video of what athletes in history have stood up for and what it means to them. I am very excited to see what we can come up with. I contacted Garry Stark and Jacob Rothrock about my Volleyball Court light project and hopefully start to develop next steps for getting it installed. On Friday, I met with Dave and Jesse at the beach to get a cleaner idea of what we are expecting budget and installation wise. After getting a clearer budget, installation should occur mid-April after the OP shed gets cleared out. I met with the Student Health Event Planning team and brainstormed some more Friday afternoon.

Committees:

ICC: Next meeting: April 6th

SALC: Next meeting: TBD; Contact through email chain

SUAB: Next Meeting: May 6th

Alumni Association: Next meeting: TBD

Senate: Next Meeting: March 18th

March 1st - March 7th

I started my week off by finalizing the ICC agenda for Tuesday and emailing all active club advisors and club representatives about the upcoming ICC meeting. I attended the brainstorming meeting with Coeur Vitality, Graydon, Alex Harris, and representatives of other large groups in campus. We discussed the possibility of future programs/seminars/health fairs for students and NIC employees. These opportunities would focus on mental and physical health especially during these times. Later on, Monday, Kai and Dodi and I met with the heads of the NIC Teaching and Learning Center to discuss the opportunities for ASNIC input on how the TLC can best support students and faculty on campus. Our conversation entailed civic engagement, events for students and faculty to attend outside the classroom, and the possibility of an ASNIC representative on the TLC committee. On Tuesday, ICC met and awarded PPPs to NCSA, English Club, and Computer Science and Technology Club. Yay! We approved three new clubs: Tabletop Club, NIC International Club, and Roentgen Ray Club. On Wednesday, Senate had a special meeting that I was unable to attend, but I was able to get a brief update from Steve Kurtz. On Thursday, SUAB met and updated the group on the Mural project, ASNIC's Suite remodel, and tactile signs around campus – there are no updates on COVID procedures in the SUB. On Thursday, I attended the Executive meeting and had to leave a little early to attend the quarterly Alumni Association meeting. In the Alumni Association we listened to updates on the scholarship budget committee, discussed the Bon A Petit event for April 23rd, and listened to the President give an update. I volunteered to help welcome guests at the Hayden Lake Club

Jestine Lackner

for the Bon A Petit event. On Friday, I attended another Brain Storming session with Graydon, Angie, Kaila, and Tim where we discussed a vaccination Q and A, "Comfort Week", and next steps. Super excited to see what we are able to accomplish this Spring and next Fall!

Committees:

ICC: Met Tuesday. Next meeting: April 6th

SALC: Next meeting: TBD; Contact through email chain

SUAB: Met Thursday. Next Meeting: May 6th

Alumni Association: Met Thursday. Next meeting: TBD

Senate: Next Meeting: March 18th

February 22nd - February 28th

I reached out to Senator Hannah to see if she would like to take on a project of hiring a safe passage speaker to present at our school and passed along the contact information of Melissa McDaniel. I facilitated Tuesday's morning meeting where we passed the narrative and voted that it be sent on to Shannon Goodrich for dispersion to the Board of Trustees. On Wednesday, I met with Dodi and Crystal for our clubs weekly meeting. We discussed Pop-Up Participation Prizes, possible virtual club fair, inactive/active club list, and the club handbook. I reached out to Steve for a cleaner list of inactive clubs that still have club funds so we can get a clearer picture of who is on our radar screen. I attended the Board of Trustees meeting to support Kai as she gave her report on ASNIC and informed the constituents that the board had received our Narrative. On Thursday, I attended the Executive team meeting and we had discussion around the Board of Trustees meeting and how we should move forward in making our statement available to the public. Throughout the week I continued to communicate with potential clubs regarding starting a club, submitting advisor agreements, and advertisement around campus. This week was a bit still for committee meetings because I was unable to attend the Senate Special Meeting on Wednesday, but I have prepared myself for the several meeting that occur next week. The advisor of SALC and I talked about options for our student athlete leaders to get involved with the community and he is currently in communication with HREI and marketing to see what we can do for the remaining of the semester. To end the week, I spent a couple hours in the information booth on Friday.

Committees:

ICC: Next meeting: March 2nd

SALC: Next meeting: TBD; Contact through email chain

SUAB: Next Meeting: March 4th

Alumni Association: Next meeting: March 4th

Senate: Next Meeting: March 18th

Jestine Lackner

Soderberg, ASNIC Narratives SP2021

March 22, 2021

I spent some time preparing a board report for the ASNIC Board Meeting.

I put together the photos and the music for the Commencement Slideshow. Now, all that is left is adding the voice over to accommodate our low vision/blind audience.

Sterling Silver Committee: **Victor Begay** was awarded the Sterling Silver Award.

I sent an email to Chris Buhler asking for the ASNIC survey. He retrieved the survey and now it is up to ASNIC to make changes and get back to him to send it out once again this spring.

Board Meeting:

Committees

Commencement – The Commencement Committee met at the beginning of the month and is underway the planning process. As I mentioned last month, we had our plan approved for recording students walking across stage in groups and then release the recording that Saturday. Now there is much planning to be done! However, this committee always pulls it together seamlessly.

Sterling Silver - The Sterling Silver Committee selected Terry Cruz, Coordinator of the Qualified Worker Retraining Program at the Workforce Training Center as the employee of the month.

ICC – At the beginning of the month ICC met where we heard reports from all of the clubs and approved three new clubs (those were the Tabletop, NIC International, and Roentgen clubs). The Club Photo Contest winners were announced.

Project

I am working on creating the commencement slideshow. This past month I have been collecting and organizing photos, as well as marketing the request for photos to students and faculty. With marketing & comms help I was able to distribute flyers asking for photos.

This will be the first commencement where we will provide a voice over with descriptions of the photos to benefit our blind/low vision viewers.

Upcoming

This coming month I will be completing the slideshow. I will be organizing all of the photos into the slideshow and adding the music and narrative. Since this is the first time we will be doing a voice narrative it will be a learning curve for everyone. I will be working with Jeremy Seda to develop this.

March 15th, 2021:

I received some submissions for commencement photos on the email. I took the submissions and downloaded them to the box folder. I now have enough submissions to begin working on the format of the slideshow. I will definitely be working on it over spring break. I went through

COMMITTEE:

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

some of the resources I used last year for music and formatting and will be looking over the music I want to use this year.

I attended the executive meeting on Thursday where we reviewed an appeal made by a student employee who fell below the credit criteria. We had discussion around the appeal and this led to another note how ASNIC might be needing to alter our bylaws to allow for lower credit requirement or omit it altogether.

March 1st, 2021

COMMITTEE:

I attended the Commencement Committee where we went through the tentative commencement plan and organized action items. As for my action item, they want me to have captions with each

The Sterling Silver Committee selected Terry Cruz, Coordinator of the Qualified Worker Retraining Program at the Workforce Training Center as the employee of the month.

Attended the ICC Committee Meeting and took minutes.

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

I read through the survey results of the impacts of COVID.

I attended the Executive meeting where we discussed how clubs are now going to be required to go through Marketing for flyers in response to some issues, we have had with clubs hanging fliers independently. The student slideshow will be having a voice over narrative to assist blind/low vision viewers. Dodi recommended I utilize multiple people for this task so it's not just my voice. Kai will be targeting the dual credit students for elections. Hannah and Taylynn may follow through with Kai's previous project of art in the SUB stairwell since it is a better allotment of officer's time.

February 21, 2021

I finished reviewing the Shot List folders sent to me by marketing and organized them into the Commencement Slideshow folders. There was also an issue with people being able to upload photos to the box folder, so I worked with Victoria and IT to solve the problem.

In the executive meeting we went over how we were going to respond to the requests for the BoT ASNIC statement. We concluded that it will be put on the ASNIC webpage but not sent out on the NICNow. We discussed the need for ASNIC to go over the recent survey about the impacts of COVID. We also went over the possibility of ASNIC steering away from an election and doing an application process instead. This would just be for the coming fall elections. We will be discussing this further as a larger group. There was also a proposal to discuss and create bylaws that layout grounds for dismissal to implement some stronger boundaries around officer

COMMITTEE:

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

performance. We also discussed having more group input for ASNIC marketing to make sure we continue to have a group voice.

February 15, 2021

COMMITTEE:

I communicated with Melissa Mawhinney to discuss options for getting the word out on photo submissions. She suggested using the email address to collect photos and connected me with Chelsea from marketing. I spent around three hours going through marketing photos and adding them to the Commencement Photos

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

I attended the executive meeting where Kai updated us on the conversation with Gail Ballard. They will be meeting to discuss an opportunity that has surfaced in response to the launching of the new teaching and learning center (we do not have clarity on what this “opportunity” is right now. We also brainstormed some topics Kai will be including at the BoT update this Wednesday. Lastly, an officer will be taking on the Safe Passage project.

I read through my CliftonStrengths Theme Report and annotated the document with my thoughts and what I resonated with within the scope of each strength.

COMMITTEE:

The commencement committee will be working on a new schedule for filming speeches and staff celebration videos since Andy Finney will be unavailable the week before commencement.

For my role in the commencement committee, I worked with Victoria to create a Box Folder that is open to the public and I added folders for each NIC division to the folder in attempt to stay organized. I began drafting a NICNow announcement to send out soon.

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

I had my one-on-one with Dodi.

I attended the executive meeting where we discussed the piece of legislator we were asked to support. Upon our brief review we see no concerns in supporting this piece of legislator that returns the 5% of funds to higher education. I will be working to create a flyer to ask students to submit photos from the academic year to include on the commencement slideshow. I will be reaching out to Melissa Mewhinney to help me find an efficient way of collecting submissions. Jestine will continue to reach out to the Kroc Center on behalf of the SALC committee which will fundraise for the Kroc Center’s dance program. We also went over the Executive Team reviews given by the group. We will be having a discussion as a larger group about the results.

I reached out to Chris Pelchat to talk about the grading scale.

COMMITTEE:

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

Melissa Milwinee - mrmewhinney@NIC.EDU

COMMITTEE:

Commencement committee met and went over the different options for commencement. We discussed having students come into Schuller in groups (most likely by program) and then have them walk across the stage, receive their diploma, etc. with socially distanced markings on chairs students would be able to sit in the audience and cheer on their peers. These sections would all be recorded and then be broadcasted the following day.

I emailed some members of the commencement committee to get more clarity on the Box folder set up for commencement photos. I also began reviewing some of marketing's photos.

I attended the ICC meeting and took minutes for the meeting.

I attended the Executive Meeting where we discussed the executive team potentially reaching out to individuals in order to touch base on their ASNIC duties. We also discussed upping the Club Start-up Fund from \$150 to \$250. We are going to be printing election flyers soon; watch those billboards!

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

I completed the Clifton Strengths assessment.

January COMMITTEE:

The budget committee met on Tuesday. We shifted some funds to balance out the budget and alter a few line items. This included adding funds to the Attorney Consultant line item as well as the ASNIC Major Projects line item. The balanced budget will be presented to the larger group at the next Tuesday meeting.

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

I attended the executive meeting. We discussed ASNIC having Safe Passage come to do a speaking event in March. This would cost us \$250 and would be organized by a senator. There is a request for ASNIC to help with the Night at the Library event. We are being asked to be the drop off location for the food pantry donations which will put the name of the students who give into a drawing. However, our ASNIC suite is not covered throughout the entire day. This is something to consider as we make our decision. Secondly, we are also being asked to brainstorm prize ideas for them to use as incentive prizes. Graydon will be talking to the executive council about the open ASNIC coordinator position. Graydon will be sharing today about Core Vitality Clinic which NIC has just created a deal to add another healthcare resource for students.

I prepared for the wellness break in our upcoming meeting by finding and reviewing a video that discussed the method and importance of being in the moment. Link to video:

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py2w1-SoH58>

COMMITTEE:

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

I spent two hours working in the Get Involved booth and completed the ASNIC surveys sent out by President Kai.

January 18:

COMMITTEE:

The Budget Committee met for the first time this week. We were able to evaluate several line items and give tentative numbers for the final budget. Jestine will be contacting the appropriate people in order to ask some questions we had as a committee so that we can work on this further at our next meeting occurring next week.

The Sterling Silver Committee selected Brian Seguin as the February Sterling Silver winner.

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

I attended the executive meeting. Dr. Larry Briggs and Dr. Lita Burns will be attending an upcoming meeting to discuss quality in the classroom and Steve Kurtz will also be attending a Tuesday meeting to talk about the importance of the survey that will be sent out. Kai will be reaching out to these faculty members to confirm the times. We are considering doing the Clifton Strengths training in our Tuesday meetings, this means that the training will be split up into two sections. The SUAB Committee will be looking into a local mural company to fill the wall in the downstairs of the SUB.

I was able to update my schedule on outlook so that it was reflective of my available times. I accessed the schedule for the "Get Involved" booth and signed up for the times I will be available to reach out to students there. I also read and answered some emails.

January 11:

COMMITTEE:

Commencement Committee met on January 11th, 2021. We had discussion over the budget. As documented earlier we have largely discussed the use of FullMeasure which would hugely assist NIC in putting on a virtual OR in person commencement depending on the decisions made in the next couple of months. Implementing the services of FullMeasure would cost the institution approximately 12k. Because of this huge chunk that this service would be taking out of the commencement budget, the committee decided NOT to use the FullMeasure company. Within this discussion other options for the commencement came out including a fully virtual graduation, outdoor facility, or a highly popular idea to use the entire gym for the graduates (socially distanced) and record them receiving their diplomas and then release the entire video at the "usual" commencement time for the graduates to view at home with their family. This is an idea in the making.

COMMITTEE:

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

I completed the grading rubric for Hannah and Jameson's rose garden project.

I attended the Executive Meeting on January 14th where we discussed the budget committee that is being formed to review the ASNIC budget, the resource of our new student worker Ashley, and the marketing opportunity for getting the word out about the ASNIC masks. To market the masks we plan to create flyers to place around campus in addition to including an announcement in the next NICNow.

I reviewed the Emotionally Intelligent Leadership document that was shared out by Dodi. I printed out a portion of the document and was able to use it to reflect and evaluate my leadership techniques and capabilities.

COMMITTEE:

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

Annie's Report 01/11/21 – 01/15/21

Annie's and Marian's Project: Had a meeting with Dr. Begay, he is working on providing the information for the project. Getting in touch with him this Tuesday.

Creating content for the ASNIC Student Government social media and promoting the events.

Annie's Report 01/16/21 – 01/22/21

Annie's and Marian's Project: "Sketch" meeting with Dr. Begay has been postponed and scheduled on Wednesday 27th, 2021

Creating content for the ASNIC Student Government social media and promoting the events.

Annie's Report 01/25/21 – 01/31/21

Annie's and Marian's Project: On Wednesday 27th had a Zoom meeting with Dr. Begay and the tribal artist. The artists had provided a lot of useful information and details that are going to be used in the design. On Sunday 31st had a meeting with the aspiring artists and discussed the design ideas and I have shared the information that was given to me. Stayed in touch with our stakeholders.

Creating content for the ASNIC Student Government social media and promoting the events.

Annie's Report 01/1/21 – 02/5/21

Annie's and Marian's Project: Creating flyer for more potential art submissions. Working on the sketch.

Attended ICC meeting. Spent 2 hours in Get Involved Booth.

Creating content for the ASNIC Student Government social media and promoting the events.

Annie's Report 02/8/21 – 02/12/21

Annie's and Marian's Project: Finishing creating the flyer. Received potential design idea from one of the artists from the club. We will be having a meeting this upcoming week to discuss the idea.

Wednesday 10th : Participated in the Search Committee meeting.

Hours at the 'Get Involved' Booth: 2 hours throughout the week.

Have been creating fun and useful content for the ASNIC Student Government social media and promoting the events.

Annie's Report 02/15/21 – 02/20/21

Annie's Project: Created the flyer (for the second part of the project). Created a mini art survey for ASNIC group to vote and choose two photographs. The photographs will be used to wrap the utility boxes around the campus.

Hours at the 'Get Involved' Booth: Tuesday – from 2.20p.m. to 5p.m.
Thursday – from 2p.m. to 3p.m.

Taking part in the Search Committee meeting (grading candidates).

Have been creating fun and useful content for the ASNIC Student Government social media and promoting the events.

Annie's Report 03/01/21 – 03/05/21

Annie's Project: Created flyers distributed them around the campus.

Taking part in the Search Committee meeting (grading candidates).

Have been creating fun and useful content for the ASNIC Student Government social media and promoting the events.

Annie's Vladovska Report: March 13th – March 18th 2021

Annie's Project Update: This week I have received answer from two people about my first half of the project (which is covering utility boxes with wildlife photographer's artwork). I started the process discussing the details of making the project possible and its approximate cost. I have went around downtown to personally distribute flyers about my second half of the project to some coffee shops, some galleries (that were open), and stores. Received several questions from students that were answered. I have personally started doing a research, because of the lack of the ideas and sketches submitted.

Search Committee: I took part in listening in four 30 minute interviews this week.

Social Media Update: I have posted two posts about ASNIC recruitment and filled stories with the updates and events throughout the week.

Get Involved Booth: I have spent two hours in the Get Involved Booth, which were spread out around the week.

Annie's Vladovska Report: March 22th – March 26th 2021 (spring break)

Annie's Project Update: This week I have received answer from marketing department and they have provided converted photos for the project. The photo were sent to salesperson at Mountain Dog Co.

Search Committee: I took part in listening in four 30 minute interviews this week.

Social Media Update: I have posted two posts about ASNIC recruitment and filled stories with the updates and events throughout the week.

Get Involved Booth: I have spent two hours in the Get Involved Booth, which were spread out around the week.

Jameson Wasson

ASNIC Narrative Reports:

This week I spent time at the T-shirt grab and go event setting up, distributing, and taking down t-shirts at the event. On top of spending time at the last weekly ASNIC meeting, I reached out to all of the committee heads through e-mails and had brief conversations with them as well as accepting/planning several events on my outlook calendar that were student government related. I also met with Victoria in marketing to shoot my portion of the covid pledge video for a considerable amount of time. **AUG 24-31**

This week I spent my time mostly looking over the rose garden project and trying to get resources for that. I emailed Garry Stark in the landscaping department as well as Kara Carleton, a master gardener coordinator in our area, to try and gain some perspective on what could be done with the space. I also met up with Dodi in the Asnic office and read through some papers that I was given for the events planning committee. **SEPT 1-7**

This week I spent my time looking at different college campuses online to find some ideas for the rose garden. I also heard back from Garry and found some interesting information about it. I also made a poster to get some support for a possible bee club that I was going to put out to the school corkboards. I also formulated an email to try and get dual-credit student's opinions on how the rose garden should be formed because I haven't heard back from the master gardener yet. Overall just a lot of paperwork. **SEPT 8-13**

This week I spent my time primarily in search of members for the bee club I am attempting to start. I have not only been asking around with word of mouth but have also designed and put up posters around campus in an attempt to get more interest in the club. As far as my project goes I have decided on a direction to go and have been researching materials and am in the process of getting in contact with a horticulturalist from the CDA tribe as well as trying to find native American groups on campus to help with the formulation of this garden now that I know the meaning behind the garden. **SEPT 14-20**

This week I spent my time marketing the bee club on my social media and fielding a request for a possible advisor. I also contacted the native American group on campus and had a couple of conversations with the advisor of the group and was told they were not completely reorganized after the coronavirus shut everything down. I also contacted Hannah about collaborating on the rose garden projects, reached out to her, and met her in the rose garden to walk around and talk about ideas for the revamping of it. I also spoke with multiple students on and off campus in an attempt to get input from the student body. **SEPT 21-28**

This week I spent my time mostly researching different seating options for the outside and talking to different people about their thoughts on the rose garden. I also spent time trying to manage my credit limit and talking with Dodi about that and taking pictures with the group. I also finally came to a decision

Jameson Wasson

on what should be done to the rose garden which will allow me to start budgeting the project and present it. I also heard back from the maintenance area about the water feature in the middle as well as me myself walking around the garden reading the signs. **SEPT 29 – OCT 4**

This week I spent my time mostly consumed with finding ways for me to stay on the student council which included searching and registering for new classes as well as speaking with Dodi to get advice regarding that. I also marketed the bee club further as responses from the rose garden project have been slowing and I actually got enough to start the club so I read through some parts of the club handbook in order to find what I need to do to form the club and what some examples of a constitution look like. I also reached out to a possible advisor. **OCT 5 – OCT 11**

This week I spent my time in my new position as project manager and reached out to all of the people who are working on projects and got information as to when and how their project is going. I also spent time in the training on canvas and looking through the club book for examples of constitutions to help me write the bee club one. I also reached out to my bee club members and have started thinking of when meetings are going to take place. Unfortunately, haven't gotten anything done on the rose garden project this week. **OCT 11 – 18**

This week I spent my time gathering input from the group on one of the projects presented to us this last week and making a review of it as well as finishing up the summary of current projects and their roadblocks. I also attended a sustainability committee meeting and an emotional intelligence meeting. I found a possible speaker for the bee club from a farmers market as well. **OCT 19 – 25**

This week I spent my time planning for the rose garden project and organizing with Hannah mostly. Her and I reached a conclusion on a next step on the stagnant project and I reached out to Garry Stark looking for validation for what we would like to do. I also talked to Hannah about getting an article written about what the sustainability club has accomplished in the past couple of years and set Julie Vanmiddlesworth up with that. I also reached out to Jestine about how to properly go about getting the Bee club a real club. **OCT 26 – NOV 1**

This week I spent my time filling out a new club sheet and reaching out to the members, respectively. I also arranged a time with Victoria to be part of a student life panel that gives perspective of students from all different backgrounds. I also talked with Hannah about the carpentry program's involvement in the rose garden and began pricing out things that we can use to build it out and plant in it. I talked to the chair of the foundation grants committee as well and received a large packet of grants for me to approve or not as well as a rubric to grade on. **Nov 2 – Nov 8**

Jameson Wasson

This week I spent my time finishing the outline for the rose garden project with Hannah. Hannah and I met and filled out a good portion of the project as well as discussed, the budget for the process and the final steps before we present at next weeks meeting. I also picked up the applications for the grant money this week and spent a good amount of time going through a couple of those applications and scoring them appropriately. I also ran through and answered questions Victoria sent to me regarding the student panel this Wednesday. A lot of good progress this week. **Nov 9 – Nov 15**

This week I spent my time in various ways. I started out by reaching out to Garry Stark, Craig, and the maintenance team across NIC and connected to try to get Hannah and I's project approved by them. They felt they didn't know enough about the project and would benefit from a meeting so I am currently trying to work around their schedules to find a time that we could each meet and talk about whether or not I can move past this snag with the Rose Garden Project. I also took some time and spoke at the meet a cardinal event put on by the marketing team and that was a success! I then met with the sustainability committee this week and talked about different ways of making ourselves known and putting ourselves out there. Lastly, I put together a summary of the scores everyone gave me for Joe's project and am ready to present that at the meeting tomorrow morning. **Nov 16 – Nov 22**

This week I attended the last ASNIC meeting and the board meeting for November. Because of the break I couldn't meet with Garry or Craig but that meeting should commence this week. **NOV 23- DEC 1**

This week I started off by reading 15 of the 18 project foundation grants for the foundation grants committee and then went on to meet with Hannah and get an estimate for the cost to build the seating to go on the rose garden. We also finished our project checklist and are presenting tomorrow which is very exciting. I then also attended the foundation grant committee selection meeting which lasted two hours and was a wonderful chance to meet with the group and give away some money. I didn't get to some stuff this week because of how busy my week already was with ASNIC stuff but it'll overflow into this week. **DEC 2 – DEC 7**

This week I was in contact with Garry Stark and the maintenance crew and emailed back and forth with them to get everyone on board with the rose garden project. I also received and started a dual credit-student panel thing to do for Victoria Michael, brainstormed poster ideas for the sustainability committee, and talked with Hannah briefly about next steps looking forward. **JAN 20-26**

This week I spent my time going back and forth with Hannah regarding the rose garden project and accelerating our timeline. Garry and the maintenance crew have to meet with their own respective crews and now that they know the plan can explain and get back to us with approval. I also took the strengths assessment, filled out the assessments of ASNIC and talked with Bill McIver about joining the tree campus USA committee. **JAN 27 – FEB 1**

Jameson Wasson

This week I spent my time talking with Hannah about next steps on the rose garden project and I emailed Garry and Craig to remind them to speak with their respective teams and to get back to me as soon as possible. I also got the chance to register for my project management minicourse last week which is rather exciting as the first class starts tomorrow! **Feb 8 – 12**

This week I spent my time going back and forth with Craig some more on when his team will make their decision and I finally got a response on when they are discussing it and I should hear their response by today or tomorrow. I also attended my project management course which was nice to lay a baselevel of knowledge in project management. I also finished a poster for the sustainability committee on what we have accomplished so overall a pretty productive week! **Feb 18 – 21**

This week I spent my time prominently in zoom meetings. I started off with my micro course on project management where we talked about scheduling and finding the most cost effective way of saving time while be courteous of the amount you're spending. Then I moved on to the sustainability committee meeting in which the chair could not come which made for a very impromptu meeting in which I spent a good time after the meeting discussing the rose garden project with Craig and most of the maintenance team in which I found they are focusing prominently on continued cleaning of that southern and western side of the campus and made it sound as though there might be a whole committee being created for deciding what to do to remodel the area (including the rose garden). **Feb 22 – 28**

This week I spent my time first assembling some materials for the project management position trying to create some resources for other project managers to be able to use in the future into one file. Which took up most of my time. This week I would like to create a mock schedule for what communication could look like and put it into place. I also shot off an email last minute to Craig to hopefully meet on Monday however that went unreplied so I shot off one last night to hopefully meet on Thursday. **Mar 1 – Mar 6**

This week I spent my time primarily meeting with the maintenance crew and discussing future plans for the rose garden. At first it sounded like we weren't going to be able to do anything this semester but now it sounds we can sit on the committee, plant 3 of the dogwoods, and add/replace 12 rose bushes in the garden itself. This was discussed in our first sit down with the whole maintenance crew and then further in an individual meeting with Hannah and JD at the site. Now we just need the thumbs up to order the trees and roses and we'll finally be good to go. **Mar 8 – Mar 12.**

This week I spent my time going over the project grading rubric, deciding when the cutoff point is for being funded or representing the project. I also attended a Tree Campus USA committee meeting where we talked a lot about volunteering at the Arbor Day event and all the collaborations that go into that. I also received an email regarding the supply of roses, need of approval for change, and count on the

Jameson Wasson

number of roses needed. These all are steps to exciting change but I need to move quick! **Mar 27 – Apr 3**

Taylynn Anderson

March 22 – March 26

This Week:

- I attended the weekly meeting.
- I attended the board meeting.
- I met with Dodi and Hannah to discuss the Art in the SUB project. Dodi brought up the idea of bringing art and stairwell maps together using vinyl on the maps. We will be getting into contact with Victoria to see how that can be done.
- I met with Dodi to discuss further steps for the committee lists. I will be drafting an email to go to those committees that don't meet to see why and prompt that they do meet.
- I worked on putting together a new committee lists on a new Excel sheet.
- Tree Campus USA met over Spring Break.

March 15 – March 19

This Week:

- I attended the weekly meeting.
- I attended the College senate meeting.
- The first round of designs for the outdoor tactile map came back. I spent quite a bit of time looking for things that needed to be changed or added to make the signs better then sent them to Jeremy Seda.
- I reviewed and brainstormed for next steps for the committee list as well as started condensing the responses to fine tune them.
- I spoke with Hannah and decided to come up with some clarifying questions to ask for the art in the stairwell project.
- I got in touch with the Tree Campus USA Committee which will be having it's first meeting on the 31st.

March 8 – March 12

This Week:

- I attended the weekly meeting.
- I wrapped up the committee list and sent it to Kai to ask some questions.
- I met with Hannah about the art in the SUB and emailed Dodi with questions that we had.
- I looked over and chose my 5 top best practices to send off to Crystal.
- I attended the Day of Dialogue on Wednesday
- I revisited the *Best of Us Worst of us* that was discussed last Tuesday and thought about it more.
- I completed the stick figure for the Clifton Strengths discussion
- I made video for the ASNIC social media

Taylynn Anderson

March 1 – March 5

This week:

- I attended the weekly meeting.
- I read the statement and attended the special College Senate meeting to vote on the statement they wrote.
- I attended the SUAB meeting.
- I sent out the rest of the committee emails and gathered almost all of the new quick descriptions for the committee list. I am still waiting for 2 or 3 committee heads to follow up with their responses, but I have re-sent the emails to them. I will be sending this to the group and will present it at the next meeting.
- I discussed the art in the SUB with Hannah and the potential for us to work on that. We emailed Kai seeing as she has previously been working on it to get information about it. She is letting us further the project from where she left off.

February 22 – February 26

This week:

- I attended the weekly meeting as well as the monthly board meeting.
- I sent out the majority of the remaining emails for the revision of the committee quick descriptions and I began putting them in a Word document so that when I get all of the descriptions, I can show them to the group all at once.
- I looked over the COVID impact survey results that were sent out to us.
- I checked up with Jeremy Seda so see if any updates were made with the signs.

February 15 – February 19

This week:

- I attended the weekly ASNIC meeting.
- I drafted up an email to send to the committee chairs and sent it to Dodi for revising. When I got it back, I went ahead and sent the email to the first 5 people on the committee list.
- I met with Kai, Hannah, and Jestine to brainstorm what we wanted the statement regarding the Board of Trustees.
- The college senate met.
- I had a meeting with Jeremy Seda, Gary Stark, and Bill Galatis (from Eye Catch Signs) to discuss the beginning processes and designs of the outdoor tactile maps since the tactile maps for the SUB are done.
- I looked over the Clifton Strengths Material that Dodi sent to the group.

Taylynn Anderson

February 8 – February 12

This week I:

- Attended the weekly ASNIC meeting.
- I had my One-on-One with Dodi where I was able to brainstorm an idea concerning the committee list, and their “quick descriptions” and their need for revising.
- Following my One-on-One I looked into the weaknesses discussed and how I am able to strengthen them.
- I met with Dodi on Friday to further discuss and brainstorm the committee idea that we had previously discussed. We discussed how about we would go completing this as well as what impact that this would have. We also recognized that by doing this we will be able to checkup on all of the committees regarding when they meet or lack of meeting and decide whether or not that is something that needs to be changed.
- I spent sometime in the Get Involved booth.

February 1 – February 5

This week I:

- Attended weekly ASNIC meeting.
- Attended the SUAB meeting

January 25 – January 29

This week I:

- Attended the weekly ASNIC Meeting.
- I sent a few emails to Jeremy Seda regarding my project.
- Completed the Clifton Strengths test as well as the ASNIC surveys.
- I attended the Budget meeting to clarify and go over the decisions that were made.

January 18- January 22

This week I:

- Attended the weekly ANSIC Meeting.
- I attended the Budget meeting to discuss the budget for next year.
- I attended the College Senate meeting this week.
- I emailed Jeremy Seda to check up on the progress being made on the tactile maps.

Taylynn Anderson

January 11- January 15

This Week I:

- Attended the weekly ASNIC Meeting.
- I attended a meeting with Jeremy Seda and the Idaho Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired to get their advice for the final touches on the designs on the tactile signs.
- I completed the rubric for Jameson and Hannah's project.
- I completed the EQ assessment for the next Tuesday meeting

November 30- December 4

This week I:

- Attended the weekly Tuesday Meeting
- A Thursday meeting with SUAB
- I met with Jeremy Seda, Garry Stark, and the group with Eye Catch signs to discuss the quote given to us and ask questions to get clarifications about the signs.
- I finished the Project Proposal Checklist

November 23- November 27

This week I:

- Attended the weekly Tuesday Meeting
- Attended the Monthly board meeting

November 16 – November 20

This week I:

- Met with Jeremy Seda to discuss changing the vendor for the tactile map as the one that we currently are currently working with isn't responding to emails.
- I went through the rubric and gave my feedback on Joe's project
- I attended this weeks College Senate Meeting.
- I began to fill out two different project proposals, one for the regular campus maps and one for the tactile map

November 9 – November 13

This week I:

- Met with Jeremy Seda once again to attempt to get the final details on the tactile sign

Taylynn Anderson

- I began to fill out my project checklist but have some things missing on it that I have sent emails to finalize the certain parts.
- I finished going through the survey and contacted Kai with the results that I got from it

November 2 – November 6

This week I:

- Emailed Jeremy Seda about the tactile sign
- I went over the survey in order to pinpoint exact concerns that student had about spaces of people with disabilities.
- I attended the SUAB meeting

October 26 – October 30

This week I:

- This week I attended the weekly Tuesday meeting.
- I met with Jestine to discuss how to further my project and what my next steps with it should be.
- I met with Garry Stark to discuss the placement and prices of the outdoor maps and where to put a tactile map and what it would take to install it.
- I met with Jeremy Seda and John Sullivan, from Eye Catch Signs, to discuss the tactile map and the details of how it's made, how long it takes to make, prices, what it takes to install it, and the sustainability of the map.

October 19 – October 23

This week I:

- Attended the weekly Tuesday meeting as well as the EQ seminar on Saturday
- I filled out the survey report for Annie and Marion's project
- I finished the security training

October 12 – October 16

This week I:

- I spoke with Dodi, Gary Stark, a Jeremy Seda about an initiative that was brought to my attention to places signs indoors.
- I met later with Jeremy Seda about this initiative and learned about different signage that could help the disabled students around campus that he would like to add more of.

Taylynn Anderson

- I met with Joe and talked with him and got his opinion about some ideas that could help me with my project.
- The College Senate met on Thursday to discuss policies.
- I completed the SWOT Analysis.
- I attended the weekly Tuesday meeting.

October 5 –October 9

This week I:

- I attended the weekly ASNIC meeting
- I further looked into how I could complete my idea for a project and began contacting those who could help.
- I contacted and met with Chelsie Shackelford and Garry Stark to ask about what had already been done about the maps displayed around campus. I described to them my ideas for a project and got their feedback as well as what needs to go into the project in terms of budget and supplies.
- I came up with some topics as well as questions for the Board of Trustees forum.

September 28 – September 4

This week I:

- I attended the weekly ASNIC meeting
- I reached out to the committee advisors that I am a part of.
- I attended a SUAB meeting where we discussed the format of a flyer for the mural in the SUB and the idea of getting a new electronic display to put in the SUB.
- I looked over the survey results and brainstormed so ideas that could address some of the answers given.

September 21 – September 27

This week I:

- Met with Dodi to discuss my role as a senator and get my backpack
- I completed the EQ assessment and attended the seminar.
- I attended ASNIC board meetings
- I went over the handbook and reviewed my role as a senator.

Hannah's Report 03/29/21

Meeting: I attended the ASNIC weekly meeting and wrote up minutes.

Other: I talked with Melissa about scheduling a time for Safe Passage. I spent time in the Get Involved booth.

Project: I met with Taylynn and Dodi to talk about the stairway project.

Hannah's Report 03/22/21

Meeting: I attended the ASNIC weekly meeting and wrote up minutes.

Other: I talked with Melissa and Jestine about scheduling a time for Safe Passage. I spent time in the Get Involved booth. I talked with Jestine about the COVID impact survey and Parker Technical Center.

Project: I talked with Jameson about the rose garden project. I figured out a meeting time with Taylynn to talk about the stairway project.

Hannah's Report 03/14/21

Meeting: I attended the ASNIC weekly meeting and wrote up minutes.

Other: I sent out the Best Practices to Crystal and made a video for elections. I talked with Melissa and Victoria about scheduling a time for Safe Passage

Project: I met with Jameson and Craig to talk about the rose garden project. Met with Jameson and JD Reeves again to talk about moving forward with the project. I met with Taylynn to talk about the stairway project.

Hannah's Report 03/07/21

Meeting: I attended the ASNIC weekly meeting and wrote up minutes. I also attended the ICC meeting and SUAB meeting and wrote minutes.

Other: I spent time in the Get Involved booth. I sent an email and called Melissa with Safe Passage. I also sent a message to IT and had emails back and forth with them concerning the rental computers after a question I received in the Get Involved booth. I also took photos for social media. Started a new marketing class and looked over the COVID survey results.

Project: Still working with Jameson about steps to move forward with project. I talked with Taylynn and Kai about taking over the project of adding artwork to the stairwell in the SUB.

Hannah's Report 03/01/21

Meeting: I attended the ASNIC weekly meeting and wrote up minutes.

Other: I spent time in the Get Involved booth. I talked with Jestine about hiring process for the Safe Passage event and reached out to Victoria with questions. I read through the COVID survey results. Worked on social media.

Project: Talked with Jameson about steps to move forward with project.

Hannah's Report 02/22/21

Meeting: I attended the ASNIC weekly meeting and wrote up minutes. I also attended the Senate meeting.

Other: I spent time in the Get Involved booth. Did Annie's survey. I met with Kai, Taylynn and Jestine to talk about making the trustee statement and read over the final statement. I read the answers from the Quality in the Classroom document as well as emails from Dodi for follow up.

Professional Development: I spent time working on my courses for social media marketing.

Hannah's Report 02/15/21

Meeting: I attended the ASNIC weekly meeting and wrote up minutes.

Other: I spent time in the Get Involved booth. Took photos for Instagram.

Professional Development: I spent time working on my courses for social media marketing.

Project: I looked over an email to send to Craig.

Hannah's Report 02/08/21

Meeting: I attended the ASNIC weekly meeting and the ICC meeting. I also had my one-on-one with Dodi. I also attended the SUAB meeting and wrote up minutes and spent time in the Get Involved booth.

Other: I wrote up minutes for the ASNIC meeting

Professional Development: I spent time working on my courses for social media marketing.

Project: I discussed with Jameson the next steps to get our project moving.

Hannah's Report 02/02/21

Meeting: I attended the ASNIC weekly meeting.

Other: I wrote up minutes for the ASNIC meeting, worked on flyers for the booth as well as served hours in the booth. I filled out the two surveys and the Clifton Strengths test.

Project: Looked over emails from maintenance about rose garden project.

Professional Development: I spent time working on my courses for social media marketing.

Hannah's Report 01/25/21

Meeting: I attended the ASNIC weekly meeting.

Project: I was in contact with GIZMO to update them with changes to the project. Waiting on confirmation to proceed.

Other: I wrote up minutes for the ASNIC meeting, worked on flyers for the booth as well as served hours in the booth.

Hannah's Report 01/18/21

Meeting: I attended the ASNIC weekly meeting.

Other: I made a sign up sheet for the Get Involved booth as well as am in process of working on posts and flyers for marketing and comm. I also took pictures with Victoria for the mask giveaway.

I wrote up minutes for the ASNIC meeting.

Project: I met with GIZMO to discuss the details of the building project for the rose garden. Went to Home Depot and looked online for purchasing options. Met with Jamison to discuss revisions to the project.