Frequently Asked Questions

How can I defer my loan?
Please visit our deferment page for details and the links for the appropriate forms. The appropriate form can be downloaded from here.

I do not have my monthly statement. What should I do? Send the payment to ECSI (Educational Computer Systems, Inc.), 181 Monroe Rd, Corapolis, PA 15108-9408. Be sure to include your name as it appears on your loan and/or your student ID number on your check.

Call our office to report an address change or a name change. It is your responsibility to keep our office updated on these changes. Payment must be made even if you did not receive a statement.

How do I get information and make changes on my Federal Perkins Student Loan?
If you have questions about your Federal Perkins Student Loan you may contact us or our billing servicer Educational Computer Systems, Inc. at any time by;
Educational Computer Systems, Inc. (E.C.S.I.)
181 Montour Run Road, Coraopolis, PA. 15108-9408
Phone 800-437-6931
North Idaho College
Attention: Marie Hildebrandt, Student Accounts
1000 W. Garden Avenue
Coeur d’Alene, ID. 83814
Phone: 208-769-3219
Fax: 208-665-2785

How can I defer my Federal Perkins Student Loan?
Please visit our deferment page for details and links for the appropriate forms which may be downloaded.
I do not have my monthly statement. What should I do?
Contact Educational Computer Systems (E.C.S.I.) or North Idaho College and up date your personal address and home phone information.
Make payment to Educational Computer Systems, Inc. 181 Montour Run Road, Coraopolis, PA. 15108-9408. Include your name, current address, home phone number and the last four digits of your social security number with your payment.
It is your responsibility to keep your account information and payments current.
How do I know when to start making payments?
During the exit interview process you will be given your repayment information and the date you are scheduled to begin repayment. Generally, payments begin nine months after your student attendance ends. Statements are mailed around the 15th of the month and your payment is due by the 1st of each month.
How do I change my address or my name?
All address changes regarding your North Idaho College records should be made through the Registers Office (208-769-3320). In addition you should also notify the billing servicer E.C.S.I. of any changes regarding address, phone number or name change.
We use the “local address” for your mailing address.
Name change requires a legal document authorizing the name change such as a marriage license, divorce decree or court document.

Has my loan been reported to a credit bureau?
Yes, our billing servicer reports all loan activity to;
Trans Union Credit Bureau 800-888-4213 monthly.
Past due loans referred to collection agency’s may be reported to;
Trans Union 800-888-4213
Equifax 770-740-4376
Experian 888-397-3742

Why is my Federal Perkins Student loan considered to be in default?
The U.S. Department of Education defines default as “The failure of a borrower to make an installment payment when due or to comply with other terms of the promissory note or written agreement.”
I will be returning to school soon.

Do I still have to make the payment that is currently due?
Yes, unless you have deferred your payment, you will have to pay the payment due up to the beginning of the semester period you are enrolled in.

Do correspondence courses count for student deferment?
Yes, if you are enrolled with an accredited college that extends Federal loans.

Can my loan be deferred in advance based on student status?
No, the deferment cannot start before the actual benefit period. If you are attending school, you must wait until classes have started and your school will verify enrollment. Registration is not sufficient.

Why can’t my parents or my spouse talk to you about my loans?
Due to the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (F.E.R.P.A.), we cannot discuss any details about your loan without your written authorization. You may download an authorization form from this web site and return the completed form, with picture identification (student identification card, driver’s license or passport) or mail the signed notarized form to the Registers Office (208-769-3320).