- Fall Semester
If you drop or withdraw from one or all of your classes by 2:30 p.m. the second Friday after the first day of the Fall Semester, you will receive a 100 percent refund.
- Spring Semester
If you drop or withdraw from one or all of your classes by 2:30 p.m. the second Friday after the first day of the Spring Semester, you will receive a 100 percent refund.
- Summer Session
If you drop or withdraw from one or all of your classes by 2:30 p.m. the first Friday after the first day of the Summer Session, you will receive a 100 percent refund. There will be no refunds after the first Friday of the Summer Session.
- Short-term Courses
Students who withdraw from short-term course (less than 15 weeks in length) will on written notification to the NIC Registrar's Office at the time of withdrawal, receive refunds as follows:
- If withdrawal is made within 5 days of the class starting, 100% will be refunded.
- No refund will be allowed after the 5th day.
Should a class be canceled, students will receive a full refund for the class.
- Refunds will be processed in approximately 10 business days.
- Deposit Fees are non-refundable
- If a student has a credit balance and a parent loan is applied to their student account, the credit will be refunded to the parent, up to the parent loan amount, and the remainder will be refunded to the student. If a parent wishes to request their funds released to the student, written instructions must be submitted to the Office of Finance and Business.
- When a student’s balance is being paid by a third party (Military, Tuition Management Systems, employers, Vocational Rehabilitation, etc.), students will not receive any money they paid until the third party pays in full.
- If payment was made by credit card and a credit balance arises, credit will first be returned to the credit card account, up to the amount paid on the credit card, before any excess is refunded by check.