Registration, Cancellation and Refund Policy
Students attending North Idaho College will be required to pay their tuition and fees by published due dates based on their registration, unless they fall into one of the following categories:
- Students who have filed and have properly approved financial aid from federal, state, or other third party sources;
- Students who have been in the military and are awaiting funding from the Veterans Administration and have a deferment in place;
- Students attending under a concurrent/consortium agreement with another Idaho state college or university and a signed award letter has been submitted to the Student Accounts office; and,
- Students who have set up a payment plan with Advanced Education Services, Inc. (AES).
Failure to meet due dates may incur in class cancellation on those dates. Your student account must be cleared of all prior charges before you will be permitted to attend class, reside on campus and obtain or renew a meal card. Statements that are sent in with incomplete payments and/or deferments are subject to cancellation of registration. Statements may be printed from the student's MyNIC page.
**Note: If you owe a prior semester balance, you will not be allowed to register for a future semester. If you are already registered for a future semester, you will be dropped from those classes unless the balance has been paid.
North Idaho College has a refund policy of 100% by the posted dates in the Academic Calendar. After the posted dates, there isn't a refund available. A refund will be processed for students that have paid their tuition and have withdrawn prior to the refund deadline date according to the type of payment.
Refunds are processed according to the type of payment used.
- Refund of classes paid by check will be refunded after the check has been processed and approved by the bank.
- Refund of classes paid by a third-party will be refunded to the third-party payer.
- Refund of classes paid by credit card will be refunded back to the credit card as long as the refund date is within 30 days of receiving the payment. If the refund date is later than 30 days, a check will be processed and mailed to the student.