J.A. and Kathryn Albertson Foundation "Go On" Scholarship
North Idaho College is pleased to be a recipient of a $1 million grant from the J.A. and Kathryn Albertson Foundation. The intent of this scholarship is to provide students with the motivation, guidance, and fiscal resources to complete their AA, AS, AAS, or certificate in a timely manner. The grant will fund scholarships for the purpose of removing financial barriers for students who:
Fall into one or more of the following categories:
- First generation college student (neither parent has a bachelor’s degree)
- Non-traditional student (one or more years out of high school and never attended college)
- Low-income students re-entering college in pursuit of a degree (haven’t already completed a degree)
- High school graduates who have completed 4 years of math and 4 years of science.
and meet the following criteria:
- Are an Idaho resident
- Have limited financial support
- Are not eligible for a full Pell grant
- Are in pursuit of a degree or certificate
- Are willing to take extra steps to fulfill the completions of a degree or certificate
To be considered for an Albertson's Foundation “Go On” Scholarship at North Idaho College:
- Complete the NIC Foundation Application. Your username and password is the same as your MyNIC username and password.
- High school graduates must attach a 7th semester or final high school transcript to their scholarship application
- For Workforce Training programs, contact the Workforce Training Center at (208) 769- 3333 for their application.
Student’s selected for the scholarship will:
- Maintain a 2.0 or higher
- Be required to complete all steps agreed upon directly by NIC's Transfer and Completion Advisor