Snow Closure Information
When snow and ice make driving conditions hazardous or campus sidewalks
and parking lots difficult to clear, classes may be canceled. North Idaho
College school closure information will be communicated via the following
outlets by approximately 6 a.m. Monday through Saturday for daytime classes
and by approximately 2 p.m. Monday through Friday for classes that begin
at 4 p.m. or later.
Crisis Response Plan
Get important NIC news and alerts right on your mobile device!
No need to sign up. You are automatically enrolled to receive emergency notifications.
Log in to MyNIC to check your contact information.
- Go to "Student Menu" or "Employee Menu"
- Click "User Account"
- Click "Contact Information"
The phone number you have listed as "Cell Phone" will receive a text message.
"Business" or "Home" will receive a voicemail. Your Cardinal Mail will receive an email.
If you are not a current student or employee
(or are a Workforce Training Center student or student from another institution),
but would like to receive NIC emergency alerts:
Go to https://communitycontact.bbcportal.com/
- Create a new account.
- Click the link in the confirmation email to authenticate your account.
- Answer security questions.
- Enter your contact information (you can enter multiple phone numbers and email addresses).
- Set subscriptions. Click the NIC Alerts box to receive emergency alerts.
- Set preferences. You can elect to receive emergency alerts by phone, text, or email.