IT Site Links
May 2013 - Changes to Identification Cards
North Idaho College is making changes to the identification card process. Identification cards are now the Cardinal Card. Friday, May 17, 2013, will be the last day ID Cards will be printed at the Molstead Lab. The newly constructed Cardinal Card Office will be opening soon. Please check back frequently for an announcement about the date of opening and hours of operation.
All students and employees must have a Cardinal Card for identification purposes. It is a multifunctional card serving a variety of purposes to support your life experience at North Idaho College. Your Cardinal Card provides access to numerous areas on campus, as well as free or discounted admission to a variety of events. You must present your Cardinal Card to check out library books, use the computer labs, or rent equipment through Outdoor Pursuits. The Mica Peak Exchange (bookstore) requires your Cardinal Card to write checks, use credit cards, software purchases and financial aid charges. The Cardinal Card can also be used for facility access and dining services. Cardinal Cash can be added to your card for purchases in dining services and the bookstore.
The Cardinal Card should be kept with you throughout your time at North Idaho College. The Cardinal Card is the property of North Idaho College and the use of this card is governed by college rules and regulations. The card is not transferable and must be presented to college officials upon request. The Cardinal Card is to be used only by the person to whom it is issued and will be confiscated if presented by someone other than the cardholder.
How to get your first Cardinal Card
The Cardinal Card Office is located on the main floor in the Edminster Student Union building. Go to the Information/Cardinal Card office for ID services. Most students will get their ID card while attending Orientation, but if you miss this opportunity, you can come to the office anytime during office hours. Be sure to bring your picture ID (e.g. Driver’s License, Passport, Military ID etc.).
Where to use your card
- Campus Departments
- General ID for receiving assistance at NIC offices
- Campus Dining Services in Edminster Student Union
- The Market
- The Educated Cup
- Convenience Store in the NIC Residence Hall if you are a resident
- Molstead Library
- For library check-out
- Computer Lab
- Printing Services coming soon
- Mica Peak Exchange Bookstore in Edminster Student Union
- Financial Aid purchases
- Software purchases
- Purchases with check or credit card
- Cardinal Cash purchases
- Outdoor Pursuits/Recreational Sports
- Equipment rentals
- Associated Students North Idaho College (ASNIC)
- Admission to events
- Vending Machine purchases (coming soon)
Care of your card and guidelines
Treat your card as you would a credit card. Lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed cards will result in a $20.00 card replacement charge.
- Keep track of your card
- Don’t loan your card to any person for any reason. Use of someone else’s card, even if they gave you permission, is considered misuse and the card will be confiscated.
- Your card can be fragile. Don’t use it as a ruler or ice scraper. Extreme temperature may damage your card.
- Do not bend card. You will be given a card holder with your original card.
- Do not draw or place stickers on your card. Stickers can get your card stuck in and damage machines.
- DO NOT punch holes in your card.
Cards with manufacturer defects will be replaced at no charge. User damage will be charged the $20.00 replacement fee. Get your replacement card at the Information/Cardinal Card Office. We take cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and Cardinal Cash.