Insurance Requirements for Independent Contractors

Prior to starting work at North Idaho College, independent contractors are required to provide North Idaho College with the following:

  • Certificate of liability insurance naming North Idaho College as additional insured, in the minimum amount of $1,000,000 or as otherwise required by the State of Idaho for general contractors, whichever amount is greater.
  • Proof of Worker’s Compensation insurance
  • Professional Services Contract

If at any time contractor’s insurance coverage expires or is cancelled, contractor must cease work until valid proof of insurance is obtained and presented to North Idaho College.

Above items may be hand-delivered or mailed to:

Att:  Carol Jones, Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Finance and Business Affairs

        North Idaho College

        1000 W. Garden Avenue

        Coeur d’Alene, ID  83814

In addition, before payments can be processed, North Idaho College must receive an IRS W9 form.  W9 forms can be returned with the above items or mailed separately to:

   Att:  Office of Finance and Business

            North Idaho College

           1000 W. Garden Avenue

           Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814

Questions regarding insurance requirements may be directed to Carol Jones, Executive Assistant at (208) 769-3340.