College/University Representative Visits
Questions to Ask College Representatives
Tell me about your Programs
- Do you offer my major?
- Is my degree program accredited?
- What other programs do you offer that will support my major?
- Can I enroll part-time?
- Are there internship opportunities available on campus or in the community?
- Do you have an honors program?
How much does your college cost?
- What are the costs of tuition and registration fees, books and supplies, housing, parking, etc?
- When do I pay those fees?
- Do I have to send a deposit to confirm my intention to enroll? How much?
- What are the chances fees will increase and when will I know?
Is Financial Aid Available?
- What kinds of financial assistance are available?
- When and how do I apply for financial aid?
- Do I apply for campus Scholarships separately?
- Are there special kinds of assistance for students from certain ethnic minorities, low income groups or first generation students (such as EOP or TRIO). If so how do I apply for these programs?
- Is it easy to get a part-time job on campus or in the community?
Will I be eligible for admissions?
- What are you admission requirements for transfer students?
- Will a course in which I received a 'D' count?
- Will my credits from my community college transfer?
How do I apply for admissions?
- Where, when and how can I get an application? does your college have online applications?
- When can I first apply? What is your application deadline?
- When will I be notified if I have been admitted?
- Is my major impacted? If I am not accepted to my major, what are the options?
- How do I make arrangements to talk with someone further about your college?
- Do you have open house programs for prospective students?
- What else do I need to know?