As part of an ongoing effort to encourage diversity awareness within the NIC community, the 2016/18 academic year will be dedicated to addressing diversity through the theme: Exploring Race and Ethnicity.
- Disability Awareness Film Festival
- Cardinal Reads: Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption by Bryan Stevenson.
- Workshop: Peace building and conflict resolution, hosted by Author David Smith. Gonzaga University, September 21st. RSVP on CardinalSync.
- HREI Exhibit: "Coming Face to Face with Hate"
- Kootenai County Task Force on Human Relations One-Day Conference: “Returning Civility to America’s Democracy: The Promotion of Civil Dialogue”. Date: Thursday, October 13, 2016.
The common theme for 2016/2018 is Exploring Racial and Ethnic Diversity
The Ad Hoc Common Read Committee is happy to announce the selection of the new common read for the 2016-2018 academic year: Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption, by Bryan Stevenson. Just Mercy is the common read at roughly 19 colleges and universities including WSU this year. For more information, contact Maureen Steinel, firstname.lastname@example.org or Holly Edwards, email@example.com.
Just Mercy Flyer [PDF]
NIC students and employees were given the opportunity to meet Bryan Stevenson and attend his lecture at WSU on Tuesday, Dec.1. Just Mercy is the common read this year at WSU and will be the common read at NIC starting Fall 2016. It was an amazing opportunity for those of us who were able to attend. We would like to thank the following groups for their support: ASNIC, The Sociology Club, The Diversity Council, and Cardinal Reads.