J.A. and Kathryn Albertson Foundation "Go On" Scholarship
North Idaho College is pleased to be a recipient of a $1 million grant from the J.A. and Kathryn Albertson Foundation. The grant will fund scholarships for the purpose of removing financial barriers for students who:
Fall into one or more of the following categories:
- first generation college student (neither parent has a bachelor’s degree)
- non-traditional student (one or more years out of high school and never attended college)
- low-income students re-entering college in pursuit of a degree (haven’t already completed a degree)
- 2012 high school graduates who have completed 4 years of math and 4 years of science.
and meet the following criteria:
- are an Idaho resident
- are in pursuit of a degree or certificate
- have limited financial support
- are not eligible for a full Pell grant
note: some programs offered through Workforce Training are eligible – contact the Workforce Training Office for details (208) 769-3333.
To be considered for an Albertson Foundation “Go On” Scholarship at North Idaho College:
- Complete the 2013/2014 NIC Foundation Application. Your username and password is the same as your MyNIC username and password.
- 2012 high school graduates must attach a 7th semester or final high school transcript to their scholarship application
- For Workforce Training programs, contact the Workforce Training Center at (208) 769- 3333 for their application.
Student’s selected for the scholarship will:
- be required to maintain a semester and cumulative GPA of 2.0
- need to complete at least 6 credits per semester if awarded as a part-time student
- need to complete at least 12 credits per semester if awarded as a full-time student
- be required to meet with an academic advisor in Advising Services and submit a signed Educational Plan in order to renew their scholarship for the next semester (no later than the second Monday of each semester)
- receive $1,000 per semester for five semesters provided they meet renewal criteria if full-time
- receive $500 per semester for 10 semesters provided they meet renewal criteria if part-time
- not be able to use the scholarship for the summer term
- have different guidelines if awarded by the Workforce Training Center. Please contact the Workforce Training Center at (208) 769-3333 for more details.