Unofficial Withdrawal or Received F's or all Non-Passing Grades

Read how unofficial withdrawals or receiving F's or all non-passing grades can affect your financial aid


 If you stop attending all classes during a semester or receive all F's or a combination of withdrawals (W) and F's (or U, I, IW, NR, and/or NG) and do not go through the college’s withdrawal process, you are treated as an “unofficial withdrawal”.

 At the end of each semester, the NIC Financial Aid Office identifies all students who did not pass at least one class. Our office will work with departments and instructors to document your last date of attendance. Using this information, you will be reviewed under the Return of Title IV Funds calculation. (Note: If you intend to stop attending all courses after the withdrawal deadline please notify the Financial Aid Office).