Financial Aid Presentation Request
We provide presentations to various on and off-campus groups. Our most common audiences include: high school students and their families, university classes, campus visitors, academic advisors, and campus departments.
Guidelines• Submitting a request at least 2 weeks in advance allows us adequate time to find an appropriate presenter and to prepare the presentation.
• Providing a group presentation is more effective, than staffing a resource table at an informational event.
• The Financial Aid staff member assigned to your presentation will contact you to refine the details and logistics of the presentation.
Popular Topics• Thorough overview of financial aid and scholarship processes (approximately 1 hour)
• Brief overview of financial aid and scholarship processes (approximately 25 – 35 minutes)
• How to fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) (approximately 20 minutes)
• Satisfactory Academic Progress (20-30 minutes)
• How to apply for scholarships (approximately 25 minutes)
• Financial aid question and answer sessions (flexible time allowance)
• We are happy to discuss other presentation topics and time frames as needed.
Logistical Information Needed at Time of Request• Date, starting time, and location of the presentation.
• Single presentation or multiple back-to-back presentations.
• The desired topic/topics for the presentation.
• The length of time available for the presentation.
• Equipment and information the presenter needs to bring (computer, projector, handouts, etc.)
• Information about your target audience (e.g. high school juniors and seniors, families, advisors, etc.)
• Size of audience.
Please note: We will do our best to fill your request. Due to the large volume and variety of presentation requests our ability to fulfill your request will depend on the availability of staff.