Cardinal Card

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I get a Cardinal Card?
Go to the Information/Cardinal Card Office in the Edminster Student Union Building. If you attend an OARS session, getting your ID card will be part of the process. However, if for some reason, you miss this process, you can come to the Information/Cardinal Card Office. Be sure to bring your picture ID (e.g. Driver’s License, Passport, Military ID, etc.) New employees can come to the card office during office hours to receive their card. Be sure to bring your picture ID (e.g. Driver’s License, Passport, Military ID, etc.).

If I get a new card, then find my old one, can I still use my old card?
No. You can never go back to an old card. The information stored on the old card is no longer valid and has been transferred to your new card.

My card is missing, what should I do?
If you think your card might show up in the next couple of days, call (208) 625-2339 to suspend your card. If you find your card, be sure to call back to have the card reinstated. You can also report your card lost through the “Get Funds” link of MyNIC. If the card is lost or stolen, you will have to go the Information/Cardinal Card Office for a new card. Remember that replacement cards cost $20.00.

There are no stickers on this card. How do campus locations know that I am currently enrolled or employed?
The technology behind the Cardinal Card allows campus locations to access databases that maintain a current record of your registration or employment status and other access privileges you may be entitled to.

Can I put stickers on my card?
Stickers can cause your card to get jammed in machines or can damage machines.

Does the Cardinal Card carry any personal information like SSN, address, or phone number?
No, the only information on the card is your unique ID number and name. There is absolutely no hidden information on either the chip or magnetic stripe.

Are my Residence Hall dining dollars carried on my card?
No. You use your card as a “key” to access the dining database where your dining dollars are securely stored.

How do I add Cardinal Cash to my Cardinal Card?
A minimum deposit of $20.00 is required. Cardholders understand that Cardinal Cash is non-transferrable and agrees to abide by all rules, regulations, policies, and procedures specified by North Idaho College and the Cardinal Card Office. Cardinal Cash may be added to your Cardinal Card in two ways.

  • Go to the Information/Cardinal Card office in the Edminster Student Union Building. Cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover are accepted.
  • Use the “GET Funds” link on MyNIC to add money using Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.

Where can I use my Cardinal Cash?
You can use your Cardinal Cash in The Market or Caffeinated Cardinal Dining Services in Edminster Student Union Building. You can also use your Cardinal Cash in the Mica Peak Exchange (bookstore) for purchases. Print services are also available in the Molstead Library Computer Lab. 

Can I use my Cardinal Cash Off-campus?
At this time Cardinal Cash can only be used on campus.