Qualified Worker Retraining Program
Are you unemployed or underemployed?
Do you need occupational skills training but can’t afford the cost?
Are you looking for a career, not just a job?
The Qualified Worker Retraining Program at North Idaho College may be able to help you. This federally-funded Workforce Investment Act program is designed to help low income adults reach their career goals.
Not Sure What Career Choice To Make?
In-depth career assessment and counseling is available through the Center for New Directions on the NIC campus in Coeur d’Alene. Call 769-3445 to make an appointment with a career counselor.
Once you have met with a career counselor and determined what you want to do, we can sit down and talk about how to make this happen for you.
Program Services Available
Job Search Resources
Has it been awhile since you updated your resume, searched for a job, or
participated in an interview? We can help you:
- Find job listings and jobs that aren’t advertised in the local papers
- Discover current trends and common pitfalls to avoid when applying for jobs
- Help you prepare your resume, cover letter, and applications
- Provide techniques that will help you shine in the interview
Job Training Opportunities
Do you need new or updated skills to help you become employed in a new or better job?
We can help you:
- Identify your current abilities that are valued by employers
- Identify new skills that can open greater opportunities to employment
- Discover training options that lead to good paying jobs
- Provide tuition assistance for short-term training
An individual must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to receive tuition assistance for short-term training:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- U.S. citizen or eligible to work in the United States
- An Idaho Resident
- Comply with Selective Service registration requirements when appropriate (males born after 1960)
- Within Federal Low Income Guidelines (based on family size and family income)
- Seeking training that will lead to full-time employment
- Committed to quality, improvement, and success
How can you learn more? Contact the Qualified Worker Retraining Program staff who will be happy to assist you. Call (208) 666-8012
The Qualified Worker Retraining Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. TDD/TTY (208) 769-7836. Please contact Center for Educational Access (208) 665-4520.