Staff Appreciation Awards
North Idaho College Staff Assembly values the contributions of its staff members and, through the generosity of the NIC Foundation, is able to recognize staff members who go above and beyond by awarding them a prestigious Staff Appreciation Award.
- Awards are presented in 3 categories. See below for the descriptions and requirements of each award.
- The nomination process is completed online. Each nomination includes a brief essay explaining how the nominee meets the award criteria.
- All nominations will be reviewed by the Awards committee for eligibility. Once all nominations have been reviewed, the committee will select a winner in each category based on how well the nominations meet the award criteria.
- The Awards committee consists of employees from each division as appointed by their President's Cabinet member, and 1 student representative for a total of 8 members. The staff assembly vice chair will facilitate the process but will not vote.
- Each recipient will be recognized and receive their award at the annual commencement breakfast.
- In the instance of a tie in any category, the winners will split the award.
There are three different, distinctive awards for which staff members can be nominated:
RISING STAR AWARDThis award is given to an outstanding full-time staff member who has worked at least six months but no more than three years in their current position. Employee must not have received this award previously.
STAFF EXCELLENCE AWARD
This award is given to two full-time staff members who have consistently excelled in their position; have made outstanding contributions in the area of service and dedication to NIC; have promoted teamwork and collaboration across campus; have worked quietly behind the scenes to improve their division or department; and who have consistently done so with a positive and forward-thinking attitude.
Employee must have been employed by NIC for at least three years and must not have received this award in the past three years.
PART-TIME STAFF EXCELLENCE AWARD
This award is given to an outstanding part-time, non-benefit-eligible, non-student, staff member who has consistently excelled in their position; has made outstanding contributions in the area of service and dedication to NIC; has worked quietly behind the scenes to improve their division or department; and who has consistently done so with a positive and forward-thinking attitude.
Employee must have been continuously employed by NIC for at least one year in a part-time position and must not have received this award in the past three years.
Nominees for each of these awards should have demonstrated a combination of the following:
SERVICE: The nominee provides outstanding customer service, whether to students, faculty, parents, co-workers or community members
TEAMWORK: The nominee develops and encourages cooperation and collaboration, while displaying outstanding group effort. The nominee also consistently offers support, assistance and encouragement to co-workers, often without being asked to do so.
ATTITUDE: The nominee consistently demonstrates patience, good humor and enthusiasm while on the job. The nominee also demonstrates excellence in resolving conflicts and/or facing challenges.
RELIABILITY: The nominee provides prompt, efficient and reliable service. The nominee is both dependable and trustworthy, and instills in his or her co-workers a sense of responsibility and dedication to North Idaho College.