Staff Assembly Meeting Minutes
May 12, 2011 – 12:00 p.m.
Blue Creek Bay - SUB
The meeting was called to order at 12:05 p.m. by Alex Harris, Chair.
Approval of Minutes
The minutes from the April, 2011 meeting were approved.
Introduction of Staff Appreciation Award Nominees:
Erin Norvell introduced and awarded each nominee with a certificate of recognition.
Introduction of New Staff Assembly Officers
Alex Harris introduced the Staff Assembly Officers for 2011/2012
Chair – Erin Norvell
Vice Chair – Garry Stark
Secretary – Carol Jones
Jacob Rothrock – Alt.
Katie Lien – Alt.
Senate Update Erin Norvell reported that the next senate meeting’s agenda includes the election of new officers as well as the second reading of the Disabilities policy and procedure. They also will be discussing the archiving of old policies and procedures.
Board of Trustees – Erin Norvell reported on the April Board of Trustees meeting:OLD BUSINESS
- Second Reading: Time Place and Manner Policy Sheldon Nord
- Tuition and Fees FY12 - Sarah Garcia
- First Reading: FY12 ASNIC Budget - Ron Dorn
- First Reading: FY12 Auxiliary Services Budget - Ron Dorn
- First Reading: FY12 Fee Generated Budgets - Ron Dorn
- First Reading: FY12 College and Plant Fund Operating Budget - Ron Dorn
- First Reading: FY12 Budgets for Head Start & Area Agency on Aging - Ron Dorn
- Awarding Tenure 2011-12 Academic Year - Jay Lee
- Awarding Sabbatical Leaves 2011-12 Academic Year - Jay Lee
- Development Agreement with Lake City Development Corp. - Marc Lyons
Good of the Order
Garry Stark reported that the parking lot to the south of Lee-Kildow Hall will be closed May 16-20 while the asphalt project is completed. The lot will be blocked off Sunday, May 15. Several metered parking spaces will be converted to handicap spaces temporarily to compensate for the spaces that will be lost. The renovation behind Lee-Kildow Hall will be in full production May 16-20 as school will be out and children will not be at the NIC Children’s Center.
Jon Totten announced registration is now open for Outdoor Pursuits’ 2011 staff and faculty trip. This year, the rafting trip will lead participants down Idaho’s Lower Salmon River July 22-24. The trip is open to any staff member and one significant other (18 and older). The trip includes rafting, camping, and laughing down one of the most beautiful canyons in the world. The trip costs $180 with a $50 deposit due at sign-up. Space is limited.
To register, contact Jon Totten at Ext. 7809 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meeting was adjourned at 12:52 p.m.