Staff Assembly Minutes
January 12, 2012
Call to Order: 12:05 pm
Approval of Minutes: A motion was made and seconded to approve the November minutes. Motion passed.
Introduction of New Staff:
· Josh Gittel is the new accountant in the Business Office.
· Angela Carter is the new part-time administrative assistant in Instruction.
· Valerie Hays is the new customer service representative at Workforce Training
Meet & Confer Update: Matt Sebby updated the group on the recommendations that Meet & Confer was planning to present to Dr. Bell, including 2% increase to current pay rates, as well as verifying that step standards are ongoing. Another option if our requests are not funded, we would like to see PIP funds increased.
Senate Update: Erin updated the group on current Senate topics, including the second reading of the attendance policy; this is not a change to the current process, but it is in the works to finalize as a policy. Upcoming considerations next month include the IT policy, cell phone use and computer use policy. Again, it is anticipated that the policies are not a change to current practices, but rather just formalizing them into policy.
Long Range Visioning and Planning: Erin Norvell gave us an update on the LRVP. The committee work is essentially done. You can view the finalized recommendation at http://www.nic.edu/lrvp/. The committee has recommended five core values—student success, educational excellence, community engagement, stewardship and diversity. Professional development is included in those values under educational excellence. Those values will be used to help guide the new strategic plan.
Tuition Waiver Update: Erin also updated us on the University of Idaho tuition waiver, which has basically gone away. There were some currently students who were grandfathered—those who were degree-seeking as of fall 2011. The “grandfather” provision will expire in July of 2014, and there are restrictions on the types of classes that qualify for the waiver. LCSC, ISU, CSI and CWI still offer tuition waivers to eligible employees.
PIP Funds Update: Erin announced that there is $3,000 left in staff PIP funds, so don’t delay if you anticipate submitting for those funds. Don’t forget you can use PIP funds for
Good of the Order:
· Pam Noah announced that they are kicking off the Employee Giving Campaign, running through the month of February. The online giving form is available as of February 1st. You only need to go online once to be eligible for the prize drawing.
· The new Workforce Training Esthetician program is offering 20% discount to NIC staff and students on services including facials, waxing and spray-tanning.
Sherry Hautala in Student Health Services was recognized by Tanya and Pat for her excellent service to staff and students.
Jan Pedersen and Sharon Hoffman were recognized for their help with the St. ASNIC food drive.
Adjourned: 12:50 pm
Next Meeting: March 8th at 3:00 pm at Workforce Training.