The IT Help Desk supports students at North Idaho College by serving as a centralized point of contact for all technical services. Contact the IT Help Desk for help with MyNIC, Canvas, Cardinal Mail, Cardinal WiFi, and other technical issues and questions.
Get Technical Help
- Submit a ticket: IT Help Desk
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (208) 769-3280
- In Person: Siebert Building, Room 101 | Campus Map
- Search IT Knowledge Base
Your NIC account provides you access to the MyNIC portal, Self Service, Canvas, Panopto, Cardinal Mail, Office 365, and Cardinal WiFi.
Keep your NIC account and information safe by managing your password. To change your password, go to nic.edu/mynic and select the Change Password button. See the User Authentication Guidelines for information about secure password creation and management.
In order to provide additional security to some systems, NIC requires the use of Duo multifactor authentication for some services such as MyNIC, email, Self Service, Canvas, Box, and other systems that contain sensitive or personally identifiable information.
The MyNIC portal is where you can access Self Service, Canvas, Cardinal Mail, and many other NIC services.
• Access: Select the MyNIC link on nic.edu or use the direct link: my.nic.edu. Log in using your NIC account.
• Search: Use the search field at the top of the page to find what you’re looking for.
• My Favorites: Select the heart on icons/services that you often need to access to add it to your My Favorites section (ex. Panopto).
Cardinal Mail is your student email account. You can log in to Cardinal Mail by selecting the Cardinal Mail button after you log in to the MyNIC portal at nic.edu/mynic . Official communications from NIC will be sent to this email account, including important deadlines, financial aid, registration, and other information.
- Wireless access points are in every building on the Coeur d’Alene campus, the Parker Technical Education Building, NIC at Sandpoint, and Aerospace Center.
- Choose NIC-Cardinal-WiFi, log in with your MyNIC credentials
Loaner Internet Hotspots
A limited number of hotspots for wireless internet are available for students in need. Hotspots are only available by NIC faculty or staff referral. The referring faculty or staff member should contact Robin Reese in the VP for Student Services Office at 208-676-7156 or Robin.Reese@nic.edu for assistance.
There are several computers that students can use on the NIC campus and at NIC’s outreach sites
- For assistance locating student computers at NIC locations, see the Student Labs & Computing Spaces Map.
- The IT Help Desk has loaner laptops available for students in need. Laptops are only available by NIC faculty or advisor referral. If you need a laptop, please ask one of your instructors or your advisor to submit a loaner laptop request to the Help Desk by emailing email@example.com or submitting a ticket at nic.edu/it.
Print from anywhere to the student print stations in Molstead (MOL) and Edminster Student Union Building (SUB) by going to nic.edu/mobileprint.
• See the Mobile Printing Quick Guide for instructions.
• Mobile Printing Cost: Black & White .05¢ or .08¢ double-sided & Color .25¢.
• Students automatically receive $2 a semester for printing.
Zoom and Big Blue Button are used at NIC for video conferencing. Panopto is used for creating videos.
Zoom makes it easy to share screens and host real-time video conversations, host live web broadcasts, and record to a computer or cloud for easy sharing. In addition to laptops and desktops, Zoom chat and video conferencing apps are available for iPhone, iPad, or Android.
- Learn how to access and use Zoom at North Idaho College
- Testing your audio and video before your zoom meeting
- Best practice guide for meetings
Several instructors use BigBlueButton for video conferences in Canvas.
Panopto is a video creation and sharing platform for employees and students.