



ASNIC Board Meeting
February 23, 2021
Via Zoom Video Conference

Call to Order: Meeting started at 12:03 p.m.

Roll Call:

ASNIC President Kaya Sedlmayer-Nardi, Vice President Jestine Lackner, Senator Marion Soderberg, Senator Taylynn Anderson, Senator Annie Vladovska, Senator Hannah Neff, Senator Jameson Wasson, NIC President Rick MacLennan, Graydon Stanley, Dodi Stilkey

Amendments to Agenda:

- None

Public Comment:

- None

Old Business:

- None

New Business: 12:30-12:35 pm

- ASNIC Statement to the Board of Trustees read and discussed
- Sterling Silver Award to Brian Seguin

Reports: 12:05-12:28 pm

Projects:

- Officers discussed special projects and interests (full narratives can be found in the Board Meeting Packet).
 - Commencement Planning
 - Electrical Box Project
 - Survey results discussed
 - Rose Garden Project
 - Tree Campus USA Committee
 - ASNIC Mask Project
 - Diversity Council collaboration discussed
 - Architect Project (ASNIC Suite Remodel)

Remarks for the Good of the Order: 12:40-12:44 pm

- Student Events Board updates
 - Events Board positions available
- Student Government Elections preparation

Next Meeting:

- Tuesday, March 23, 2021 12:00 pm

Adjournment at 12:44 pm

Week of February 15

Committees:

College Senate met on 2/18 from 12-1 to go over policy. Next week I have Curriculum Council (2/22), Constituent Leaders (2/22), Board of Trustees and a special College Senate meeting (2/24), and Diversity Council and a Curriculum Council sub-committee meeting (2/25).

Meetings:

The Tuesday morning meeting ran from 7-8:50, and the ASNIC executive team met from 11-12 on Thursday. I also had a one-on-one meeting with Dodi on Thursday from 8-8:45. I met with Jestine, Taylynn, and Hannah on Wednesday to discuss the ideas we want to capture for a statement regarding the Board of Trustees, and it was a really great conversation. I also attended another meeting with the other higher education institutions here in Idaho. Next week, in addition to committee meetings, I have a meeting with Mike Culton from Comm. & Marketing to discuss maps on campus.

Projects:

I spent a couple of hours on my conflict management course, wrote the draft statement on behalf of ASNIC and sent it through the executive team and Laura Rumpler, wrote my report for the Board of Trustees meeting, and also started reviewing the president job description to better capture some of the position's duties.

Week of February 8

Committees:

Curriculum Council met on 2/08 to review course additions, edits, and the like. It was overall a fairly brief meeting.

Meetings:

Dodi and I had a one on one about my leadership assessment on Monday from 3-4, and the Tuesday morning meeting ran from 7-8:50, and the ASNIC executive team met from 8-9 on Friday. I also had a one-on-one meeting with Dodi on Thursday from 8-8:45. Jestine and I met with Juli Anderson from Career Services on 2/11 for about half an hour to discuss how Career Services can best connect with student groups on campus, and I met with Annie to discuss elections marketing on 2/12. I also attended the special Board of Trustees meeting and took some notes of the goings on for my own records in an attempt to keep track of current events.

Projects:

I spent a couple of hours reviewing presentations from my conflict management course and spent some time going through the conflict management student workbook and figuring out how I can best apply it to my current life. I was also invited to a meeting with six of the eight public education institutions in Idaho regarding a letter to Idaho's legislators about approving funding for higher education. This meeting took about an hour on 2/11, and I got an explanation about their hopes for this letter and for uniting every college and university in the state. I made no commitments, but it was interesting to see where everyone was going with this.

Week of February 1

Committees:

Cardinal Reads met on 02/03 and discussed upcoming events, library updates, and had a discussion around the decision for the next diversity/common read theme. I'm going to be taking part in that conversation as it happens, which is exciting. Next week, Curriculum Council will meet on 02/08, and my next committee meetings after that aren't until College Senate on 02/18, Constituent Leaders and Curriculum Council on 2/22, Board of Trustees on 2/24, and Diversity Council and a Curriculum Council sub-committee on 2/25.

Meetings:

Dodi and I had a one on one about my leadership assessment on Monday from 3-4, and the Tuesday morning meeting ran from 7-8:50, and the ASNIC executive team met from 11-12 on Thursday. I also had a one-on-one meeting with Dodi on Thursday from 8-8:45. We discussed elections, inquiries about ASNIC's involvement in various parts of campus, and the like.

Projects:

I made a few more plans for election promotions, tightened up my development checklist since I felt like it was too wordy, reviewed the questions for the quality in the classroom discussion, and started reviewing some materials for the Curriculum Council sub-committee, as it will be going over the guidelines of the council. I also spent a couple of hours working on my conflict management professional development classes and learned some really useful tips for encountering and actively dealing with conflict.

Week of January 25

Committees:

The Curriculum Council met on 1/25 and was a fairly brief meeting. However, towards the end of this month, I'll be working on a subcommittee to go over the guidelines for the Council and any concerns relating to it, so I've been spending some time looking through the relevant documents. The Budget Committee met on 1/26 from 12-1 p.m. We were able to come to a comfortable place for the ASNIC 2021/22 budget and will be presenting it to the group next week. The Board of Trustees meeting was canceled, but the Diversity Council met on 1/28 from 12-1 p.m. Next week, Cardinal Reads will meet (02/03), and the Diversity Council will be having a make-up meeting for agenda items not covered in this week's meeting.

Meetings:

I had a meeting with Dodi and Graydon on 1/25 to discuss the Board of Trustees, and the Tuesday morning meeting ran from 7-8:50, and the ASNIC executive team met from 11-12 on Thursday. I also had a one-on-one meeting with Dodi on Thursday from 8-8:45. We discussed elections, future projects for ASNIC, and things like that.

Projects:

I made a good amount of flyers for the ASNIC spring elections and shared them with the executive team for feedback. I'm also about to start my business communication classes through the Workforce Training Center and will be writing up a report to give the group about what I've learned and any useful tips I might come across. Finally, my development checklist for the stairwell art project is done, but due to the number of items on the agenda for 02/02, I'll give the presentation on 02/09 to allow for more discussion time with the group.

Week of January 18

Committees:

The Budget Committee met on 1/19 from 12-1 p.m. There was a bit of confusion with the numbers we have to work with and discussion about what ASNIC funds and why, but we will be meeting again 1/26 to go through the rest of the workbook and tighten up our budget for the next fiscal year. College Senate met 1/21 from 12-1 to discuss suggested edits on policies and began looking over the constitution for the Senate. Constituent Leaders met the same day from 1:30-2:30 to discuss the upcoming Board of Trustees meeting and the current situation with the trustees. Next week, the Curriculum Council (1/25), Budget Committee (1/26), Board of Trustees (1/27), and the Diversity Council (1/28) will meet.

Meetings:

The Tuesday morning meeting ran from 7-8:50, and the ASNIC executive team met from 11-12 on Thursday. I also had a one-on-one meeting with Dodi on Thursday from 8-8:45. Dodi and I got a lot of work done regarding the timeline for the spring elections, which is great for marketing soon.

Projects:

This week, I developed a tentative marketing plan for the spring ASNIC elections. This timeline includes what to post on social media and on-campus to garner interest, who to contact for support, and other resources to plan for. Once the election timeline is completely finalized, I'll add dates for specific posts and begin posting flyers. I feel as though I can handle the

majority of this myself and plan to have something posted within the next week or two. I'm also researching a company Dodi suggested for art in the stairwell leading to the SUB and plan on sending out my development checklist to the group on 2/1.

Week of January 11

Committees:

The week before the semester started, Cardinal Reads met and discussed subcommittees for the next Common Theme. On Monday, 1/11, the Curriculum Council met and went over edits and other revisions for welding courses, and also briefly discussed a guideline review subcommittee that I'll be joining. Next week, the Budget Committee, College Senate, and Constituent Leaders will be meeting.

Meetings:

The Tuesday morning meeting ran from 7-8:50, and the ASNIC executive team met from 11-12 on Thursday. I also had a one-on-one meeting with Dodi on Thursday from 8-8:45.

Projects:

Mostly, this week I spent time planning for the semester. I'm currently writing up a document for the next ASNIC President to give them some guidelines on what to expect, and I've also started looking at our election materials. I'd like to start advertising soon, and per discussion with the executive team, I'm going to be taking on the bulk of the work with that. In addition to this, I'll be finally solidifying my ideas for art in the SUB and presenting that to the

group within the next couple weeks. I've also been doing some research at Dodi's suggestion for ways to make the morning meetings more engaging.

Week of November 30

Committees:

Cardinal Reads met from 12-1 on Wednesday to discuss upcoming events in the spring, as well as the theme and book selection for 2021-22. Convocation Committee met after that to discuss what all needs to be done for Convocation, as the event is early next month, and I began adjusting my script and creating a bio for the guest speaker, Dr. Sonny Ramaswamy. College Senate was canceled due to a conflict.

Meetings:

The Tuesday morning meeting ran from 7-8:50, and the ASNIC executive team met from 11-12 on Thursday. The final weekend of Circle of Change went from Friday morning to Sunday afternoon, and I had a lot of really amazing opportunities to network and improve my leadership style.

Projects:

I started preparing a back up Celebrating Success presentation in case the video idea I had doesn't work out and also began working on my project development checklist for the space leading down to the SUB. I also took some time to go over the questions we brainstormed for Dr. Burns and Dr. Briggs to fine-tune them a little bit and started drafting up my Board of Trustees report.

Week of November 23

Committees:

The Curriculum Council met on Monday at 3 p.m. to hear presentations on changes to course descriptions and prerequisites as well as to discuss a potential form for individuals to fill out prior to meeting with the Council. Essentially, this form would take into account any other courses that could be impacted by the creation of a new course or a change in prerequisites. The person teaching the course impacted would get to make comments and review the part of the proposal that affects their course. However, there were some concerns about this taking away the point of the Council, so this was shelved for now.

Meetings:

The Tuesday morning meeting ran from 7-8:50, and the monthly ASNIC Board Meeting went from 12-12:30.

Projects:

I started brainstorming ideas for a sign for the stairwell leading down to the lower level of the SUB; a “directory” of sorts describing what’s down there seems like the best option, and I’ll start looking at options for that shortly. The group was also receptive to my idea of displaying student art in this space and swapping it out every now and then, so I’ll work on what a timeframe for that looks like and start filling out the project development checklist. I’ve also

started looking at what buildings are in use on campus, and planning my Celebrating Success presentation for this month's Board of Trustees meeting.

February 15th - February 21st

The beginning of the week was full of emailing clubs and setting up meetings. I met with Matthew Nolan, the advisor for the prospective Roentgen Ray Club, and we went over his Constitution and the overall goals for the student-led club. He signed the advisor agreement and has everything ready for their representative to present during our March ICC meeting. I continued to update club folders in Box as new information came in. Dodi, Crystal, and I met for our Weekly meeting to discuss clubs. We went over prospective clubs, updates on the Club Handbook, and other various topics. Kai, Taylynn, Hannah, and I met to come up with a general statement representing the student body, Wednesday afternoon. I sent emails to all the winning clubs of the club photo contest a congratulations email on their prize. I met with the Executive team on Thursday and discussed many things including a potential project for one of the Senators and President Kai's agenda for next week. We continued to discuss the ASNIC narrative for the Board of Trustees and items for Kai to discuss at the next Board of Trustees meeting. Attended the Senate committee meeting and discussed the board of trustees meeting and decided that the executive team of the Senate will draft a narrative.

Committees:

ICC: Next meeting: March 2nd

SALC: Next meeting: TBD; Contact through email chain

SUAB: Next Meeting: March 4th

Alumni Association: Next meeting: March 4th

Senate: Met on Thursday - Next Meeting: March 18th

February 8th - February 14th

I started the week by emailing with prospective clubs and answering their questions about the process of becoming an official club. I met with Alice Dure, a student that is working to start the International Club on Tuesday. We went over her club's constitution and updated it a bit to fit club guidelines. They will be ready to present at the next ICC meeting in March. On Wednesday, Dodi and Crystal and I met to discuss all things clubs. This included the Club Photo contest (winners will be contacted and a general announcement will occur at the March ICC meeting and NICNow), club handbook information, marketing, etc. I reached out to Ken Thompson, the advisor or SALC committee after receiving more information on volunteer/donation opportunities at the KROC center. I am hoping to meet with Ken and/or Bobby Lee to plan next steps for the committee. On Thursday, Kai and I met with Career Services to brainstorm ways they can be available for the students. Throughout the week, I stayed connected with the prospective Table Top Club and Radiology Club about their plans to present at March's ICC meeting. On Friday, I attended the Executive meeting and discussed the Board Meeting, ASNIC evaluations, and possible participation in an ISA initiative.

Committees:

ICC: Next meeting: March 2nd
SALC: Next meeting: TBD; Contact through email chain
SUAB: Next Meeting: March 4th
Alumni Association: Next meeting: March 4th
Senate: Next Meeting: February 18th

February 1st - February 7th

On Monday, I corresponded with club representatives that were submitting work for the NIC Club Photo Contest and answered their questions regarding their submissions and future plans moving forward. I also met with Dodi for my one-on-one later that day. On Tuesday, ICC had its February meeting and we got to announce our Pop-Up Participation Prizes! I think this really motivated clubs in terms of staying active and getting the word out about their clubs. We had a lot of conversation about many topics including the NIC Club Photo Contest and the pandemic restrictions still in place. We had some great feedback and many clubs were interested in having a virtual club fair in the future. ICC also approved the NIC SADHA (The Dental Hygienists Club) and adjusted the start-up fund to \$250. On Thursday, I attended the Executive team meeting and the Student Union Advisory Board Meeting. SUAB went briefly discussed the mask mandate, art in the lower level, update from Sodexo, and welcomed the new American Indian student advisor to the board. Throughout the week, I spoke to a couple of students about starting a new club and went over some of the steps they need to take before they present to ICC (a Tabletop Club and an International students Club). I have reached out to them to set up a meeting in the next week or so. I submitted an event services form for the ICC meetings so the link can be accessed by the wider campus. On Friday, I spent a couple of hours in the information booth to be available to students.

Committees:

ICC: Next meeting: Met on Tuesday – Next Meeting: March 2nd
SALC: Next meeting: TBD; Contact through email chain
SUAB: Next Meeting: Met on Thursday – Next Meeting: March 4th
Alumni Association: Next meeting: March 4th
Senate: Next Meeting: February 18th
Budget Sub-Committee: Final Meeting was last Tuesday

January 25th - January 31st

On Tuesday, the budget sub-committee met to finalize the FY 2021-22 workbook. We were able to clear up a lot of confusion with Dodi's assistance and contact with Steve McGroarty. I took notes to present to the overall group next Tuesday morning. On Wednesday, Dodi and Crystal and I met for our weekly club meeting and discussed the upcoming ICC meeting, agenda items, club photo contest, and developing Pop-Up Participation Prizes. I will be reaching out to the selected clubs' advisors to make sure they have representatives in attendance at the next ICC

meeting to receive these awards. These prizes will be \$250 each to clubs showing student involvement, marketing of their club, or any other activity that shows their efforts at NIC. These funds will be pulled from the FAST Awards line item. On Thursday, I attended the Executive team meeting to discuss different topics including the Night at the Library event and the food pantry. I reached out to the SALC chair to inform him on the abundance of food the NIC food pantry has so that we could focus our efforts with the athletic team somewhere else. Graydon gave the Kroc center our information so that we could help with donations. I spent about 3 hours in the information booth on Friday and filled out the SG surveys President Kai sent out. Over the weekend, I created the ICC agenda and emailed club advisors of clubs that will be receiving a PPP award on Tuesday.

Committees:

ICC: Next meeting: February 2nd

SALC: Next meeting: TBD; Contact through email chain

SUAB: Next Meeting: February 4th

Alumni Association: Next meeting: March 4th

Senate: Met on Thursday - Next Meeting: February 18th

Budget Sub-Committee: Met on Tuesday

January 18th - January 24th

On Monday, I caught up on emails I received over the weekend and created Zoom meetings for the ASNIC budget sub-committee. The ASNIC Budget sub-committee met on Tuesday to tentatively plan the new FY 2021-2022 worksheet. I met with Dodi on Thursday to further discuss the ASNIC budget and plans for my projects and club related news. I emailed Steve some of the questions we pondered in hope to clear up some confusion for our next committee meeting. Our executive meeting also met on Thursday and Senate committee followed where we reviewed many items including Senate Constitution and Bylaws. I emailed NIC ADHA club to confirm their potential club appointment at the next ICC meeting. I spent a couple of hours in the information booth on Friday morning to be available to students and hand out masks. I coordinated with Chelsie Shackelford in marketing to send a mask to an off-campus student. Over the weekend, I continued to email clubs and connect with Senators on ongoing projects. I received news that my tree had fallen during the wind storm where I was going to place the light for the volleyball court. Jacob from outdoor pursuits said this might create opportunity for better lighting if we install it on the OP shed. I will have to assess this further with the electricians in the future

Committees:

ICC: Next meeting: February 2nd

SALC: Next meeting: TBD; Contact through email chain

SUAB: Next Meeting: February 4th

Alumni Association: Next meeting: March 4th

Senate: Met on Thursday - Next Meeting: February 18th

Budget Sub-Committee: Met on Tuesday – Next Meeting: January 26th

January 11th - January 17th

I started the week off by distributing our new ASNIC masks in the suite and helping to advertise them to the student body. I also emailed all club advisors a couple reminders about the next ICC meeting in February, making sure they schedule all meetings on the NIC calendar and submit their NIC Club Photo contest submissions by the deadline. I filled out the Project Grading Rubric for Senator Jameson and Senator Hannah's garden project. On Tuesday, I met with Victoria and Senator Hannah to take pictures for marketing of the ASNIC masks. I plan to meet with Senator and Marketing Coordinator, Annie later to discuss more marketing options for our own social platforms. I kept in contact with Victoria on how we will market the ASNIC masks via posts and flyers. I spent a couple of hours on Friday at the Information Booth handing out masks and being available to students.

Committees:

ICC: Next meeting: February 2nd

SALC: Next meeting: TBD; Contact through email chain

SUAB: Next Meeting: February 4th

Alumni Association: Next meeting: March 4th

Senate: Next Meeting: January 21st

Soderberg, ASNIC Narratives SP2021

February 15, 2021

COMMITTEE:

I communicated with Melissa Mawhinney to discuss options for getting the word out on photo submissions. She suggested using the email address to collect photos and connected me with Chelsea from marketing. I spent around three hours going through marketing photos and adding them to the Commencement Photos

I attended the executive meeting where Kai updated us on the conversation with Gail Ballard. They will be meeting to discuss an opportunity that has surfaced in response to the launching of the new teaching and learning center (we do not have clarity on what this "opportunity" is right now. We also brainstormed some topics Kai will be including at the BoT update this Wednesday. Lastly, an officer will be taking on the Safe Passage project.

I read through my CliftonStrengths Theme Report and annotated the document with my thoughts and what I resonated with within the scope of each strength.

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

I attended the executive meeting where Kai updated us on the conversation with Gail Ballard. They will be meeting to discuss an opportunity that has surfaced in response to the launching of the new teaching and learning center (we do not have clarity on what this "opportunity" is right now. We also brainstormed some topics Kai will be including at the BoT update this Wednesday. Lastly, an officer will be taking on the Safe Passage project.

I read through my CliftonStrengths Theme Report and annotated the document with my thoughts and what I resonated with within the scope of each strength.

COMMITTEE:

The commencement committee will be working on a new schedule for filming speeches and staff celebration videos since Andy Finney will be unavailable the week before commencement.

For my role in the commencement committee, I worked with Victoria to create a Box Folder that is open to the public and I added folders for each NIC division to the folder in attempt to stay organized. I began drafting a NICNow announcement to send out soon.

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

I had my one-on-one with Dodi.

I attended the executive meeting where we discussed the piece of legislator we were asked to support. Upon our brief review we see no concerns in supporting this piece of legislator that returns the 5% of funds to higher education. I will be working to create a flyer to ask students to submit photos from the academic year to include on the commencement slideshow. I will be

COMMITTEE:

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

reaching out to Melissa Mewhinney to help me find an efficient way of collecting submissions. Jestine will continue to reach out to the Kroc Center on behalf of the SALC committee which will fundraise for the Kroc Center's dance program. We also went over the Executive Team reviews given by the group. We will be having a discussion as a larger group about the results.

I reached out to Chris Pelchat to talk about the grading scale.

Melissa Milwinee - mrmewhinney@NIC.EDU

COMMITTEE:

Commencement committee met and went over the different options for commencement. We discussed having students come into Schuller in groups (most likely by program) and then have them walk across the stage, receive their diploma, etc. with socially distanced markings on chairs students would be able to sit in the audience and cheer on their peers. These sections would all be recorded and then be broadcasted the following day.

I emailed some members of the commencement committee to get more clarity on the Box folder set up for commencement photos. I also began reviewing some of marketing's photos.

I attended the ICC meeting and took minutes for the meeting.

I attended the Executive Meeting where we discussed the executive team potentially reaching out to individuals in order to touch base on their ASNIC duties. We also discussed upping the Club Start-up Fund from \$150 to \$250. We are going to be printing election flyers soon; watch those billboards!

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

I completed the Clifton Strengths assessment.

January COMMITTEE:

The budget committee met on Tuesday. We shifted some funds to balance out the budget and alter a few line items. This included adding funds to the Attorney Consultant line item as well as the ASNIC Major Projects line item. The balanced budget will be presented to the larger group at the next Tuesday meeting.

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

I attended the executive meeting. We discussed ASNIC having Safe Passage come to do a speaking event in March. This would cost us \$250 and would be organized by a senator. There is a request for ASNIC to help with the Night at the Library event. We are being asked to be the drop off location for the food pantry donations which will put the name of the students who give into a drawing. However, our ASNIC suite is not covered throughout the entire day. This is something to consider as we make our decision. Secondly, we are also being asked to brainstorm

COMMITTEE:

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

prize ideas for them to use as incentive prizes. Graydon will be talking to the executive council about the open ASNIC coordinator position. Graydon will be sharing today about Core Vitality Clinic which NIC has just created a deal to add another healthcare resource for students.

I prepared for the wellness break in our upcoming meeting by finding and reviewing a video that discussed the method and importance of being in the moment. Link to video:

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py2w1-SoH58>

I spent two hours working in the Get Involved booth and completed the ASNIC surveys sent out by President Kai.

January 18:

COMMITTEE:

The Budget Committee met for the first time this week. We were able to evaluate several line items and give tentative numbers for the final budget. Jestine will be contacting the appropriate people in order to ask some questions we had as a committee so that we can work on this further at our next meeting occurring next week.

The Sterling Silver Committee selected Brian Seguin as the February Sterling Silver winner.

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

I attended the executive meeting. Dr. Larry Briggs and Dr. Lita Burns will be attending an upcoming meeting to discuss quality in the classroom and Steve Kurtz will also be attending a Tuesday meeting to talk about the importance of the survey that will be sent out. Kai will be reaching out to these faculty members to confirm the times. We are considering doing the Clifton Strengths training in our Tuesday meetings, this means that the training will be split up into two sections. The SUAB Committee will be looking into a local mural company to fill the wall in the downstairs of the SUB.

I was able to update my schedule on outlook so that it was reflective of my available times. I accessed the schedule for the "Get Involved" booth and signed up for the times I will be available to reach out to students there. I also read and answered some emails.

January 11:

COMMITTEE:

Commencement Committee met on January 11th, 2021. We had discussion over the budget. As documented earlier we have largely discussed the use of FullMeasure which would hugely assist NIC in putting on a virtual OR in person commencement depending on the decisions made in the next couple of months. Implementing the services of FullMeasure would cost the institution

COMMITTEE:

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

approximately 12k. Because of this huge chunk that this service would be taking out of the commencement budget, the committee decided NOT to use the FullMeasure company. Within this discussion other options for the commencement came out including a fully virtual graduation, outdoor facility, or a highly popular idea to use the entire gym for the graduates (socially distanced) and record them receiving their diplomas and then release the entire video at the “usual” commencement time for the graduates to view at home with their family. This is an idea in the making.

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

I completed the grading rubric for Hannah and Jameson’s rose garden project.

I attended the Executive Meeting on January 14th where we discussed the budget committee that is being formed to review the ASNIC budget, the resource of our new student worker Ashley, and the marketing opportunity for getting the word out about the ASNIC masks. To market the masks we plan to create flyers to place around campus in addition to including an announcement in the next NICNow.

I reviewed the Emotionally Intelligent Leadership document that was shared out by Dodi. I printed out a portion of the document and was able to use it to reflect and evaluate my leadership techniques and capabilities.

COMMITTEE:

GOOD OF THE ORDER:

ASNIC Narrative Reports:

This week I spent time at the T-shirt grab and go event setting up, distributing, and taking down t-shirts at the event. On top of spending time at the last weekly ASNIC meeting, I reached out to all of the committee heads through e-mails and had brief conversations with them as well as accepting/planning several events on my outlook calendar that were student government related. I also met with Victoria in marketing to shoot my portion of the covid pledge video for a considerable amount of time. **AUG 24-31**

This week I spent my time mostly looking over the rose garden project and trying to get resources for that. I emailed Garry Stark in the landscaping department as well as Kara Carleton, a master gardener coordinator in our area, to try and gain some perspective on what could be done with the space. I also met up with Dodi in the Asnic office and read through some papers that I was given for the events planning committee. **SEPT 1-7**

This week I spent my time looking at different college campuses online to find some ideas for the rose garden. I also heard back from Garry and found some interesting information about it. I also made a poster to get some support for a possible bee club that I was going to put out to the school corkboards. I also formulated an email to try and get dual-credit student's opinions on how the rose garden should be formed because I haven't heard back from the master gardener yet. Overall just a lot of paperwork. **SEPT 8-13**

This week I spent my time primarily in search of members for the bee club I am attempting to start. I have not only been asking around with word of mouth but have also designed and put up posters around campus in an attempt to get more interest in the club. As far as my project goes I have decided on a direction to go and have been researching materials and am in the process of getting in contact with a horticulturalist from the CDA tribe as well as trying to find native American groups on campus to help with the formulation of this garden now that I know the meaning behind the garden. **SEPT 14-20**

This week I spent my time marketing the bee club on my social media and fielding a request for a possible advisor. I also contacted the native American group on campus and had a couple of conversations with the advisor of the group and was told they were not completely reorganized after the coronavirus shut everything down. I also contacted Hannah about collaborating on the rose garden projects, reached out to her, and met her in the rose garden to walk around and talk about ideas for the revamping of it. I also spoke with multiple students on and off campus in an attempt to get input from the student body. **SEPT 21-28**

This week I spent my time mostly researching different seating options for the outside and talking to different people about their thoughts on the rose garden. I also spent time trying to manage my credit limit and talking with Dodi about that and taking pictures with the group. I also finally came to a decision

on what should be done to the rose garden which will allow me to start budgeting the project and present it. I also heard back from the maintenance area about the water feature in the middle as well as me myself walking around the garden reading the signs. **SEPT 29 – OCT 4**

This week I spent my time mostly consumed with finding ways for me to stay on the student council which included searching and registering for new classes as well as speaking with Dodi to get advice regarding that. I also marketed the bee club further as responses from the rose garden project have been slowing and I actually got enough to start the club so I read through some parts of the club handbook in order to find what I need to do to form the club and what some examples of a constitution look like. I also reached out to a possible advisor. **OCT 5 – OCT 11**

This week I spent my time in my new position as project manager and reached out to all of the people who are working on projects and got information as to when and how their project is going. I also spent time in the training on canvas and looking through the club book for examples of constitutions to help me write the bee club one. I also reached out to my bee club members and have started thinking of when meetings are going to take place. Unfortunately, haven't gotten anything done on the rose garden project this week. **OCT 11 – 18**

This week I spent my time gathering input from the group on one of the projects presented to us this last week and making a review of it as well as finishing up the summary of current projects and their roadblocks. I also attended a sustainability committee meeting and an emotional intelligence meeting. I found a possible speaker for the bee club from a farmers market as well. **OCT 19 – 25**

This week I spent my time planning for the rose garden project and organizing with Hannah mostly. Her and I reached a conclusion on a next step on the stagnant project and I reached out to Garry Stark looking for validation for what we would like to do. I also talked to Hannah about getting an article written about what the sustainability club has accomplished in the past couple of years and set Julie Vanmiddlesworth up with that. I also reached out to Jestine about how to properly go about getting the Bee club a real club. **OCT 26 – NOV 1**

This week I spent my time filling out a new club sheet and reaching out to the members, respectively. I also arranged a time with Victoria to be part of a student life panel that gives perspective of students from all different backgrounds. I also talked with Hannah about the carpentry program's involvement in the rose garden and began pricing out things that we can use to build it out and plant in it. I talked to the chair of the foundation grants committee as well and received a large packet of grants for me to approve or not as well as a rubric to grade on. **Nov 2 – Nov 8**

This week I spent my time finishing the outline for the rose garden project with Hannah. Hannah and I met and filled out a good portion of the project as well as discussed, the budget for the process and the final steps before we present at next weeks meeting. I also picked up the applications for the grant money this week and spent a good amount of time going through a couple of those applications and scoring them appropriately. I also ran through and answered questions Victoria sent to me regarding the student panel this Wednesday. A lot of good progress this week. **Nov 9 – Nov 15**

This week I spent my time in various ways. I started out by reaching out to Garry Stark, Craig, and the maintenance team across NIC and connected to try to get Hannah and I's project approved by them. They felt they didn't know enough about the project and would benefit from a meeting so I am currently trying to work around their schedules to find a time that we could each meet and talk about whether or not I can move past this snag with the Rose Garden Project. I also took some time and spoke at the meet a cardinal event put on by the marketing team and that was a success! I then met with the sustainability committee this week and talked about different ways of making ourselves known and putting ourselves out there. Lastly, I put together a summary of the scores everyone gave me for Joe's project and am ready to present that at the meeting tomorrow morning. **Nov 16 – Nov 22**

This week I attended the last ASNIC meeting and the board meeting for November. Because of the break I couldn't meet with Garry or Craig but that meeting should commence this week. **NOV 23- DEC 1**

This week I started off by reading 15 of the 18 project foundation grants for the foundation grants committee and then went on to meet with Hannah and get an estimate for the cost to build the seating to go on the rose garden. We also finished our project checklist and are presenting tomorrow which is very exciting. I then also attended the foundation grant committee selection meeting which lasted two hours and was a wonderful chance to meet with the group and give away some money. I didn't get to some stuff this week because of how busy my week already was with ASNIC stuff but it'll overflow into this week. **DEC 2 – DEC 7**

This week I was in contact with Garry Stark and the maintenance crew and emailed back and forth with them to get everyone on board with the rose garden project. I also received and started a dual credit-student panel thing to do for Victoria Michael, brainstormed poster ideas for the sustainability committee, and talked with Hannah briefly about next steps looking forward. **JAN 20-26**

This week I spent my time going back and forth with Hannah regarding the rose garden project and accelerating our timeline. Garry and the maintenance crew have to meet with their own respective crews and now that they know the plan can explain and get back to us with approval. I also took the strengths assessment, filled out the assessments of ASNIC and talked with Bill McIver about joining the tree campus USA committee. **JAN 27 – FEB 1**

This week I spent my time talking with Hannah about next steps on the rose garden project and I emailed Garry and Craig to remind them to speak with their respective teams and to get back to me as soon as possible. I also got the chance to register for my project management minicourse last week which is rather exciting as the first class starts tomorrow! **Feb 8 – 12**

This week I spent my time going back and forth with Craig some more on when his team will make their decision and I finally got a response on when they are discussing it and I should hear their response by today or tomorrow. I also attended my project management course which was nice to lay a baselevel of knowledge in project management. I also finished a poster for the sustainability committee on what we have accomplished so overall a pretty productive week! **Feb 18 - 21**

February 15 – February 19

This week:

- I attended the weekly ASNIC meeting.
- I drafted up an email to send to the committee chairs and sent it to Dodi for revising. When I got it back, I went ahead and sent the email to the first 5 people on the committee list.
- I met with Kai, Hannah, and Jestine to brainstorm what we wanted the statement regarding the Board of Trustees.
- The college senate met.
- I had a meeting with Jeremy Seda, Gary Stark, and Bill Galatis (from Eye Catch Signs) to discuss the beginning processes and designs of the outdoor tactile maps since the tactile maps for the SUB are done.
- I looked over the Clifton Strengths Material that Dodi sent to the group.

February 8 – February 12

This week I:

- Attended the weekly ASNIC meeting.
- I had my One-on-One with Dodi where I was able to brainstorm an idea concerning the committee list, and their “quick descriptions” and their need for revising.
- Following my One-on-One I looked into the weaknesses discussed and how I am able to strengthen them.
- I met with Dodi on Friday to further discuss and brainstorm the committee idea that we had previously discussed. We discussed how about we would go completing this as well as what impact that this would have. We also recognized that by doing this we will be able to checkup on all of the committees regarding when they meet or lack of meeting and decide whether or not that is something that needs to be changed.
- I spent sometime in the Get Involved booth.

February 1 – February 5

This week I:

- Attended weekly ASNIC meeting.
- Attended the SUAB meeting

January 25 – January 29

This week I:

- Attended the weekly ASNIC Meeting.
- I sent a few emails to Jeremy Seda regarding my project.
- Completed the Clifton Strengths test as well as the ASNIC surveys.
- I attended the Budget meeting to clarify and go over the decisions that were made.

January 18- January 22

This week I:

- Attended the weekly ANSIC Meeting.
- I attended the Budget meeting to discuss the budget for next year.
- I attended the College Senate meeting this week.
- I emailed Jeremy Seda to check up on the progress being made on the tactile maps.

January 11- January 15

This Week I:

- Attended the weekly ASNIC Meeting.
- I attended a meeting with Jeremy Seda and the Idaho Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired to get their advice for the final touches on the designs on the tactile signs.
- I completed the rubric for Jameson and Hannah's project.
- I completed the EQ assessment for the next Tuesday meeting

November 30- December 4

This week I:

- Attended the weekly Tuesday Meeting
- A Thursday meeting with SUAB
- I met with Jeremy Seda, Garry Stark, and the group with Eye Catch signs to discuss the quote given to us and ask questions to get clarifications about the signs.
- I finished the Project Proposal Checklist

November 23- November 27

This week I:

- Attended the weekly Tuesday Meeting
- Attended the Monthly board meeting

November 16 – November 20

This week I:

- Met with Jeremy Seda to discuss changing the vendor for the tactile map as the one that we currently are currently working with isn't responding to emails.
- I went through the rubric and gave my feedback on Joe's project
- I attended this weeks College Senate Meeting.
- I began to fill out two different project proposals, one for the regular campus maps and one for the tactile map

November 9 – November 13

This week I:

- Met with Jeremy Seda once again to attempt to get the final details on the tactile sign
- I began to fill out my project checklist but have some things missing on it that I have sent emails to finalize the certain parts.
- I finished going through the survey and contacted Kai with the results that I got from it

November 2 – November 6

This week I:

- Emailed Jeremy Seda about the tactile sign
- I went over the survey in order to pinpoint exact concerns that student had about spaces of people with disabilities.
- I attended the SUAB meeting

October 26 – October 30

This week I:

- This week I attended the weekly Tuesday meeting.
- I met with Jistine to discuss how to further my project and what my next steps with it should be.
- I met with Garry Stark to discuss the placement and prices of the outdoor maps and where to put a tactile map and what it would take to install it.
- I met with Jeremy Seda and John Sullivan, from Eye Catch Signs, to discuss the tactile map and the details of how it's made, how long it takes to make, prices, what it takes to install it, and the sustainability of the map.

October 19 – October 23

This week I:

- Attended the weekly Tuesday meeting as well as the EQ seminar on Saturday
- I filled out the survey report for Annie and Marion's project
- I finished the security training

October 12 – October 16

This week I:

- I spoke with Dodi, Gary Stark, a Jeremy Seda about an initiative that was brought to my attention to places signs indoors.
- I met later with Jeremy Seda about this initiative and learned about different signage that could help the disabled students around campus that he would like to add more of.
- I met with Joe and talked with him and got his opinion about some ideas that could help me with my project.
- The College Senate met on Thursday to discuss policies.
- I completed the SWOT Analysis.
- I attended the weekly Tuesday meeting.

October 5 –October 9

This week I:

- I attended the weekly ASNIC meeting
- I further looked into how I could complete my idea for a project and began contacting those who could help.
- I contacted and met with Chelsie Shackelford and Garry Stark to ask about what had already been done about the maps displayed around campus. I described to them my ideas for a project and got their feedback as well as what needs to go into the project in terms of budget and supplies.
- I came up with some topics as well as questions for the Board of Trustees forum.

September 28 – September 4

This week I:

- I attended the weekly ASNIC meeting
- I reached out to the committee advisors that I am a part of.
- I attended a SUAB meeting where we discussed the format of a flyer for the mural in the SUB and the idea of getting a new electronic display to put in the SUB.

- I looked over the survey results and brainstormed so ideas that could address some of the answers given.

September 21 – September 27

This week I:

- Met with Dodi to discuss my role as a senator and get my backpack
- I completed the EQ assessment and attended the seminar.
- I attended ASNIC board meetings
- I went over the handbook and reviewed my role as a senator.

Annie's Report 01/11/21 – 01/15/21

Annie's and Marian's Project: Had a meeting with Dr. Begay, he is working on providing the information for the project. Getting in touch with him this Tuesday.

Creating content for the ASNIC Student Government social media and promoting the events.

Annie's Report 01/16/21 – 01/22/21

Annie's and Marian's Project: "Sketch" meeting with Dr. Begay has been postponed and scheduled on Wednesday 27th, 2021

Creating content for the ASNIC Student Government social media and promoting the events.

Annie's Report 01/25/21 – 01/31/21

Annie's and Marian's Project: On Wednesday 27th had a Zoom meeting with Dr. Begay and the tribal artist. The artists had provided a lot of useful information and details that are going to be used in the design. On Sunday 31st had a meeting with the aspiring artists and discussed the design ideas and I have shared the information that was given to me. Stayed in touch with our stakeholders.

Creating content for the ASNIC Student Government social media and promoting the events.

Annie's Report 01/1/21 – 02/5/21

Annie's and Marian's Project: Creating flyer for more potential art submissions. Working on the sketch.

Attended ICC meeting. Spent 2 hours in Get Involved Booth.

Creating content for the ASNIC Student Government social media and promoting the events.

Annie's Report 02/8/21 – 02/12/21

Annie's and Marian's Project: Finishing creating the flyer. Received potential design idea from one of the artists from the club. We will be having a meeting this upcoming week to discuss the idea.

Wednesday 10th : Participated in the Search Committee meeting.

Hours at the 'Get Involved' Booth: 2 hours throughout the week.

Have been creating fun and useful content for the ASNIC Student Government social media and promoting the events.

Annie's Report 02/15/21 – 02/20/21

Annie's Project: Created the flyer (for the second part of the project). Created a mini art survey for ASNIC group to vote and choose two photographs. The photographs will be used to wrap the utility boxes around the campus.

Hours at the 'Get Involved' Booth: Tuesday – from 2.20p.m. to 5p.m.

Thursday – from 2p.m. to 3p.m.

Taking part in the Search Committee meeting (grading candidates).

Have been creating fun and useful content for the ASNIC Student Government social media and promoting the events.

Hannah's Report 02/22/21

Meeting: I attended the ASNIC weekly meeting and wrote up minutes. I also attended the Senate meeting.

Other: I spent time in the Get Involved booth. Did Annie's survey. I met with Kai, Taylynn and Jestine to talk about making the trustee statement and read over the final statement. I read the answers from the Quality in the Classroom document as well as emails from Dodi for follow up.

Professional Development: I spent time working on my courses for social media marketing.

Hannah's Report 02/15/21

Meeting: I attended the ASNIC weekly meeting and wrote up minutes.

Other: I spent time in the Get Involved booth. Took photos for Instagram.

Professional Development: I spent time working on my courses for social media marketing.

Project: I looked over an email to send to Craig.

Hannah's Report 02/08/21

Meeting: I attended the ASNIC weekly meeting and the ICC meeting. I also had my one-on-one with Dodi. I also attended the SUAB meeting and wrote up minutes and spent time in the Get Involved booth.

Other: I wrote up minutes for the ASNIC meeting

Professional Development: I spent time working on my courses for social media marketing.

Project: I discussed with Jameson the next steps to get our project moving.

Hannah's Report 02/02/21

Meeting: I attended the ASNIC weekly meeting.

Other: I wrote up minutes for the ASNIC meeting, worked on flyers for the booth as well as served hours in the booth. I filled out the two surveys and the Clifton Strengths test.

Project: Looked over emails from maintenance about rose garden project.

Professional Development: I spent time working on my courses for social media marketing.

Hannah's Report 01/25/21

Meeting: I attended the ASNIC weekly meeting.

Project: I was in contact with GIZMO to update them with changes to the project. Waiting on confirmation to proceed.

Other: I wrote up minutes for the ASNIC meeting, worked on flyers for the booth as well as served hours in the booth.

Hannah's Report 01/18/21

Meeting: I attended the ASNIC weekly meeting.

Other: I made a sign up sheet for the Get Involved booth as well as am in process of working on posts and flyers for marketing and comm. I also took pictures with Victoria for the mask giveaway.

I wrote up minutes for the ASNIC meeting.

Project: I met with GIZMO to discuss the details of the building project for the rose garden. Went to Home Depot and looked online for purchasing options. Met with Jamison to discuss revisions to the project.