What is a Learning Community?
After completing a Seminar (CLC120), students will register for a Learning Community. An FYE Learning Community links multiple courses by weaving together concepts, readings and assignments from each of the courses. This arrangement eliminates the need for "jumping" between different classes that don't appear to relate. One of the courses, a one-credit CLC 130 course, provides space to make these connections and completes your GEM 7 institutionally designated requirement.
Why should you enroll in a Learning Community?
- To develop and practice habits for college success in a friendly, supportive atmosphere.
- To make meaningful connections with faculty and fellow students who will support you as you continue your academic journey.
- To actively engage with your own learning and develop the habits needed to succeed in college and in your future career.
- To connect with campus resources that will help you succeed in your coursework.
- To develop plans to help you to achieve your college and career goals.
Seminar Options for Fall 2023
|Instructor||Seminar||Day and Time|
|Amanda Roberts||CLC 130 - 280||Online|