The Residence Hall offers 37 four-person suites and 17 three-person suites, with single-room opportunities in each of the three-person suites. Two of the four-person suites are also handicap accessible.
The furniture in the suites is freestanding and modular, providing maximum flexibility and individual expression in each room. Beds can be stand-alone, lofted or bunked, and all desks, chairs, and sofas can be arranged in a variety of ways.
All the suites are designed for minimum noise transfer with five-inch concrete floors (covered in carpeting or vinyl flooring), noise-dampening materials in the walls, and the vanity/tub/toilet areas acting as sound barriers between the hallways and the interior rooms. The building is constructed of non-combustible materials and has ceiling sprinklers throughout for fire safety.
Each suite's main entry is lighted, inset from the main corridor walls, and equipped with a card-key lock (similar to many hotels). The interior doors of the suites are lockable from the inside of each door. For added security, each of the hall's exterior doors is locked 24 hours a day and unlocked with the same card-key.
Room and Board Costs
Housing in the North Idaho College Residence Hall is provided to students who agree to contract for an academic year.
Any financial aid, grants, loans, etc., received by North Idaho College as an agent on behalf of a student will be applied each semester in entirety to the student's account balance.
For Residence Hall students, payment for all charges including tuition/fees/housing is due in full on the Wednesday prior to move-in, unless you have a confirmed financial aid award letter to cover your charges or have signed up for a payment plan and are current on all payments through Advanced Education Services (AES). Dual Credit residents MUST BE paid in full PRIOR to check-in.
Failure to comply with one of the above payment schedules prior to moving into the Residence Hall may result in delayed move-in or agreement cancellation. Information on payment plan options is available on the North Idaho College Student Finance website or by calling (208) 769-3344.
2023-2024 Housing Options
Double Room = $2,150/semester
Single Room = $3,350/semester
$7,300 per year
Double room with $1,500 food service plan
$3,650 per semester
$7,250 per year
Double room with $1,475 food service plan
$3,625 per semester
$7,750 per year
Double room with $1,725 food service plan
$3,875 per semester
$8,200 per year
Double room with $1,950 food service plan
$4,100 per semester
$9,700 per year
Single room with $1,500 food service plan
$4,850 per semester
$9,650 per year
Single room with $1,475 FLEX food service plan
$4,825 per semester
$10,150 per year
Single room with $1,725 food service plan
$5,075 per semester
$10,600 per year
Single room with $1,950 food service plan
$5,300 per semester
- A $200 security deposit is due and payable at the time the Residence Hall license is submitted. Please check for an email sent to your student account with instructions on how to pay your housing deposit.
- Payment plans are available for housing as well as tuition through Advanced Education Services (AES). Learn more about payment plans or contact the North Idaho College Student Accounts Office at (208) 769-3344 or (208) 665-2767.
- If you are not on a payment plan, housing payments may be made with check/cash, MasterCard or Visa. You can make payments online, through Self-Service, or in person at Cardinal Central, in Lee Kildow Hall.
- Payment for a single room does not guarantee a single-room assignment. Rooms are awarded based on the earliest contract confirmation date.
- Payments must be made on time. Failure to provide payment by the designated date may result in forfeiture of your room reservation and deposit.
- Agreements for residents are for the academic year.