Request accessible format

The accessibility of is extremely important to us! If you encounter any barriers and need assistance, please contact

Campus Support and Services

Lee-Kildow Hall (first floor) • (208) 769-3311
(208) 769-3399 – Fax

Cardinal Central is a one-stop service center for students offering assistance with Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar, and Student Finance functions. Cardinal Central is your destination for questions about applying to college, paying fees and tuition, completing the FAFSA, applying for scholarships and work study, and parking pass ordering.

There is no need to wait in line! Students visiting the Cardinal Central Office can eliminate the wait by signing up for a spot through QLess or sending a text.

  • Download the QLess app at and sign in, or
  • Text cardinal to (208) 268-6485 and respond to the prompts.
  • Registrar
    The Registrar oversees registration, schedules courses and revisions, releases records at your request, coordinates the transfer of credit, commencement, graduation, and more. If you need assistance, staff members are available by phone, mail, email, or at the Cardinal Central Office. Forms may be submitted by mail, fax, or in-person.


  • Financial Aid
    The North Idaho College Financial Aid Office is committed to assisting students in paying for their education while assuming as little debt as possible.

    There are four types of financial aid:
    1. Grants—need-based aid that you don't have to pay back.
    2. Work-Study—aid that you have to earn (i.e. a job on campus with a biweekly paycheck).
    3. Loans—aid that you pay back after you graduate or if you drop below half-time (6 credits) enrollment.
    4. Scholarships—aid that you don't pay back and is awarded based on achievement, need, community involvement, or campus engagement.


    • Work Study
      Work-Study is one way students can work to earn funds to assist with educational expenses they incur. The earlier the FAFSA is completed the more likely students are to qualify for Work-Study as the funds are limited and are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Work-Study eligibility is determined by your FAFSA.

      Once the Work-Study hiring requirements have been completed, students can work up to 20 hours per week and are paid on a biweekly basis. Students are allowed to earn up to their award total only. Preview available Work-Study jobs at


  • Scholarships
    Scholarships are another way you can fund your education. Find out more about scholarships from the North Idaho College Foundation, and those from the State of Idaho and other external programs.

    The NIC Foundation provides approximately $1 million in scholarship funding to assist North Idaho College students each year! All students are encouraged to apply. Do not assume that you will not qualify as each scholarship has different eligibility criteria and many do not consider GPA. The Foundation offers hundreds of scholarship opportunities through one simple application.

    To apply, go to and log in to your MyNIC account. Click on “NIC Foundation Scholarship Application” under Bookmarks.

    The NIC Foundation Scholarship Application priority deadline is March 1st for aid during the following academic year. However, you may submit at any time and it is highly recommended that you have an application on file each year.


  • Cardinal Card
    Cardinal Central makes and distributes Cardinal Cards (student IDs). The Cardinal Card is your official college ID and is required to conduct business at all campus departments. Funds can be added to your card as Cardinal Cash, which is a prepaid, declining balance similar to a debit card. This allows you to have flexible spending options for bookstore purchases, printing, and dining services.

    A Cardinal Card is required for:

       • Access to computer labs
       • Checking out library materials
       • Free admission to a variety of college events
       • Discounts at off-campus locations (visit to view participating businesses)
       • Software purchases in the Cardinal Bookstore
       • Loading money through to your card for purchases on campus
       • Outdoor Pursuits equipment rentals
       • Access to the Student Wellness and Recreation Center

    To get your Cardinal Card, stop by Cardinal Central during posted office hours with a government issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, tribal ID, military ID, etc.). The first Cardinal Card is free. A $20 replacement fee is charged for all lost or damaged cards. Visit for more information.

Edminster Student Union Building (SUB - first floor)
(208) 769-3359

Campus dining is managed by Sodexo and is in full operation during the academic year, following NIC's scholastic calendar.

The Market in the Edminster Student Union Building hosts three meals a day Monday through Friday, as well as brunch and dinner on Saturday and Sunday.

The Residence Hall includes a small convenience store for evening snacks, and vending machines are also found in nearly every building on campus.

Catering is also available both on and off campus through Sodexo.

Find more information about Dining Services at

Lee-Kildow Hall 129
(208) 769-3447

The Center for New Directions (CND) at North Idaho College is designed to assist single parents and displaced homemakers with community resources and exploration of career and educational paths. Additionally, the CND delivers retention and completion support programs to students and future students who are enrolled in or express an interest in Career Technical Education (CTE) and meet one of the following criteria:

  • Career Pioneers (non-traditional occupation): Anyone who is training to work in a field traditionally held by the opposite gender.
  • Single Parents: A single parent with primary financial and custodial responsibility for supporting dependent children and who must gain employment skills in order to earn a living.
  • Displaced Homemakers: Anyone who must seek training or paid employment outside the home due to separation, divorce, death, or disability of spouse.

Some examples of services include:

  • Career and education exploration
  • Admissions assistance
  • Educational program requirements
  • Workshops covering a variety of topics
  • Referrals for campus and community services
  • Academic and time management planning
  • Educational services
  • Career services and job preparation resources
  • Additional individual support

(208) 769-3471

The NIC Children's Center is a nationally accredited, dual-function early childhood program that serves as NIC's Child Development Lab School while providing high-quality child care services to NIC's students, faculty and staff.

Services are prioritized for children of NIC students with six or more credits. Children of NIC faculty and staff teaching nine credits or working a minimum of 19.5 hours per week are also served; however, slots are very limited due to the prioritization of student's children. Several different options are offered for enrollment.

The Children’s Center has a limited number of Head Start slots for NIC student/faculty/staff parents who meet the Children’s Center eligibility requirements as well as the Head Start eligibility requirements, which is provided at no cost to the family. Head Start is a school-readiness program that provides education and support for young children and their families.

To get on the waitlist, visit the website. To apply for a Head Start slot, please call or stop by the center to complete the application. All non-Head Start slots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.

Seiter Hall Room 100
(208) 665-4520

North Idaho College offers Health Prevention and Education events and activities throughout the school year. Students are encouraged to visit the Student Health and Wellness webpage to view a calendar of upcoming events. This page includes a number of health resources and clinics that offer a variety of care services throughout North Idaho and Eastern Washington.

Seiter Hall Room 100
(208) 769-5947

There are many adjustments that are part of coming to college and counselors can help you navigate through them if you are struggling or just need a little help. Students may experience a variety of challenges including stress, depression and anxiety, as well as issues with time management and relationships during their college years. Many students find it helpful to discuss their concerns with a professional. Licensed counselors offer students access to a wide range of counseling services, resources and referrals. Counseling Services works in collaboration with other campus services to maximize your opportunities for student success and reaching your academic goals. Professional support staff provide a supportive and confidential environment for you to explore your concerns and learn new skills to deal more effectively with problems that may interfere with your personal well-being and academic goals.

Information cannot be released to anyone outside the Counseling Services unless authorized by you or required by law such as if you reveal that you are a threat to yourself or others. Counselors cannot provide long-term counseling. In some cases, you may be referred to other campus or community resources that will best meet your needs. Counseling Services are available at no cost to enrolled students. During hours of operation, if you need immediate care, counseling services staff will do their best to meet your needs.

See also: Center for New Directions, Veterans Services, Therapeutic Counseling Services and ASNIC.

Food Pantry
Edminster Student Union Building Room 004 (SUB - lower level)
NIC Student Services Office Senior Administrative Assistant Robin Reese – – (208) 676-7156

The NIC Food Pantry is a safe and welcoming place designed to meet the needs of NIC students and employees who are facing food insecurity. Contact the food pantry using the email or phone number above to schedule a visit. Pantry staff will make every effort to make an appointment that works around your schedule. Cardinal Card required. Donations are always accepted.

Accident Insurance
Edminster Student Union Building (Student Affairs Office, SUB - second floor)
(208) 676-7156

If you are enrolled in one or more credits, you are covered by the NIC Student Accident Policy. This policy covers accidents that may occur on NIC property (including outreach centers) or at campus-sponsored events. If an accident occurs, a report should be completed within 72 hours. Student accident report forms are available online or at the Vice President of Student Affairs Office. Claims for an incident must be filed within 90 days of initial treatment in the Vice President for Student Affairs Office.

Edminster Student Union Building (SUB - lower level)
(208) 769-3365

The American Indian Student Center provides primary and supplemental advising and academic support services to American Indian students.

Services offered generally mirror the services provided in Advising Services, which include:

  • Educational Planning – assistance in creating your educational path and preparing an efficient transfer plan to continue your education after leaving NIC.
  • Reading and Interpreting “My Progress” in Student Planning - “My Progress” in Student Planning is a powerful tool for determining requirements that you have already satisfied and for selecting courses that count toward your intended program. “My Progress” can also be used to determine your graduation timeline!
  • Assistance with Program Selection – help in investigating the opportunities, fit, and requirements of NIC program offerings.
  • Registration Problem-Solving – addressing common registration issues, understand registration restrictions, and troubleshoot finding a seat in a closed class necessary for program progression. Advisors can also help you explore course options, make changes to your schedule, review registration holds, and assist with planning and preparing for advising and registration.
  • Academic Difficulty – reviewing past academic performance and discover the skills and resources necessary to achieve your educational goals. Advisors can connect you with academic and specialized campus services.
  • Navigating NIC - guidance in understanding processes associated with financial aid, academic appeals, and paperwork that may be required by your respective tribal funding rules.

The center also serves as a place of contact for students who wish to participate in the American Indian Student Alliance club.

Parking Services expedites the safe and orderly conduct of campus business and provides parking facilities within the limits of available space. A valid parking permit is required for any vehicle, except motorcycles and vehicles displaying handicapped plates or placards, parked at the main NIC campus and the Career Technical Education Facility (CTE) during the academic year.

Parking services are available online. Please visit the website for a complete listing of permit services and enforcement and to purchase your parking permit.

Edminster Student Union Building (SUB - lower level) • (208) 929-4028

The North Idaho College Veteran and Military Family Services Office is committed to supporting the unique needs of those who have served or who are currently serving, as well as their dependents, in defining and achieving their educational, personal and career goals.

The Veterans Resource Center (VRC) provides a valuable one-stop environment for student veterans and military family members. VRC services range from admissions, registration and academic advising assistance to accessing educational and VA information, computer lab access, career exploration tools and many other resources, as well as a place to relax, study or socialize.

The VRC has:

  • Veteran and Military Family Services Advisor and Veterans Coordinator Offices
  • Lounge Area - refrigerator, microwave, and coffee
  • Computer lab
  • Study tables
  • GI Bill®, admissions, academic, and career information
  • Campus and local area reference material
  • Information about local area veterans events
  • Referrals to off-campus resources
  • Liaison with Disability Support Services
  • Regular visits by Spokane Vet Center counselor

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at