Start your career in health care as a Certified Nursing Assistant. You will be prepared to enter the workforce as a health care professional and for the state exams required for placement on the Idaho Nurse Aide registry. This is an ideal program for pre-nursing and pre-med students too. The class components include online assignments, class skills practice, and clinical experience at local healthcare facilities. The course includes a customized lab manual, professional guest speakers, Customer Service in Health Care certification, CPR certification, and a comprehensive list of employers ready to hire.
Fall Class Schedule
2023 - 2024
Class Day(s) and Time
|September 7 - December 7||Thursdays 8am-4pm||Post Falls - Registration now open|
|September 13 - December 13||Wednesdays 8am-4pm||Sandpoint - Registration now open|
|September 26 - December 19||Tuesdays 8am-4pm||Silver Valley - Registration now open|
|November 8, 2023 - February 14, 2024||Wednesdays 8am-4pm||Post Falls - Registration now open|
- 2-Step TB test within 6 months (provided in class for Post Falls location)
- Influenza Vaccination in season (provided in class for Post Falls location)
- COVID Vaccination or Medical/Religious Exemption
- Optional additional health screening discussed on the first day of class
- Scrubs: Dark Grey Top and Teal Pant Scrubs for classes in Post Falls & Silver Valley purchased at Uniforms & More, Walmart, or Amazon
- Scrubs: Black Scrubs for classes in Sandpoint purchased at Walmart or Amazon
- Wristwatch (no smartwatches)
- Closed-toe shoes: Black or White
Many employers in our area hire non-certified nursing assistants and sponsor their registration fee for the CNA class. The following employers typically sponsor students Life Care Centers, Ivy Court, LaCrosse, Cascadia, Kootenai Health, and Valley Vista Care Centers.
Students will complete their technical related instruction at North Idaho College-Workforce Training Center. These students are receiving on-the-job training with their employer and receive structured clinical education in the long-term care setting with a NIC instructor.
CNA Skills Videos - (please do not download to personal devices, please note that there are a couple of steps out of order in the Doffing video - a clarification box is available within the video.